Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing Guide Data?

TV1 data seems to be all over the place at the moment and also I've noticed a program missing on Prime.

This is on FTA.

Any ideas, please?
    Last edited by Chieftain; 08-09-2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Added clarification

Yes - my guide data FTA is shot too. Trying manual phone call now. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Missing Guide Data?

TV1 seems to be missing significant ammounts of guide data - for instance, this Sunday is missing any programmes between about 6am and 8:30pm. Is anyone able to fix this up?

Cheers,
    Adrian

[EDIT] I guess this may be related to the forum other thread on missing data - I dunno, I wasn't sure if that was just an old thread, or one someone has ressurected with the current problem...
    Last edited by ajharvey; 10-09-2008 at 07:42 PM.

Still no guide data - I am on legacy is that the problem?>?

I don't believe so, I think it's widespread.

Isn't it quiet in here?

Yes, guide data for TV1 is all over the place! Seems like the same problem as a few weeks ago.

An example of what i think is happening: On Sunday night, I checked some programs I have Season passes for Breakfast TV1 had a week's worth of info, Emmerdale TV1 was the same, Coronation ST TV1 had two shows due.
    On Monday, Tivo recorded Breakfast and Emmerdale
    On Tuesday, Breakfast was not recorded and Season Pass says there are no upcoming episodes. However Emmerdale was recorded and Season pass shows three upcoming episodes. Coronation Street was not recorded and Season pass says there are no upcoming episodes.

So, perhaps Sundays data call was ok but somehow Monday's update lost data for Breakfast and Coronation St but left Emmerdale ok.

I've posted this in the hope that it may help someone get a handle on what's happening.

Checked recording history under the todo list. We get a few episodes not recorded "because it was no longer in the program guide".

/var/log/tclient shows successful calls (am I looking in the right place?), but I found a widget in TWP called "Date vs channel grid" (http://tivo/gdchecker/datevschannel) which shows up a whole heap of "gap in data", "day starts late" and "day ends short" mainly affecting TV1 but also Prime, UKTV, FTV, Greats, ESPN, Disney, TeReo, MTV, J2, AltTV and History (prolly others too but we don't subscribe to all Sky channels).

We're using emuProxy2 and the legacy emulator (210.48.107.133:8000), AFAIK we are still supposed to be using this emu in NZ. Is it worth using the new emulator or is that only going to cause problems?

HTH

Matt
    US Philips series 1 TiVo / NZTiVo image $(uname -r)

Quote Originally Posted by slipmat View Post
    We're using emuProxy2 and the legacy emulator (210.48.107.133:8000), AFAIK we are still supposed to be using this emu in NZ. Is it worth using the new emulator or is that only going to cause problems
    Please read the notes about the emulator change. It only effects Australian TiVo users. DO NOT MOVE THE AUSTRALIAN EMULATOR IF YOU ARE IN NZ. Unfortunately this has been done by others and this may result you requiring to start from scratch.

Australia and New Zealand are run on totally separate emulators and cannot share any information.

I have been told the current issues are from a lack of data into the emulator. There is no problem with your TiVo's or the emulator itself.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Can anything be done about the guide data issue? TV1 and Prime are all over the place! One day it looks like it's all come good, then the next day there's gaps all over again!