Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing Guide Data?

As I said in the last post the issue is mostly lack of data into the emulator, it's but also lack of time from the people running the NZ emulator to further develop it.

DJC has asked for assistance from people over two years ago but never really got any support.

DJC still needs people with mysql & php skills to help.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Guessed that was the case...wish I could help, but my skills end at reimaging I'm afraid!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    As I said in the last post the issue is mostly lack of data into the emulator, it's but also lack of time from the people running the NZ emulator to further develop it.

DJC has asked for assistance from people over two years ago but never really got any support.

Peter.
    Might be seen as a daft question but if there's anything I can do to help, I'm willing. Not terribly able, but still willing. mysql & php mean nothing to me. Is it possible to, for example, be given a "framework" that needs data "replacing or adding"?

Or is there a "For idiots" book that might help me. It just seems to me that things are drifting a bit otherwise.

It's probably best to send DJC a PM directly, as he doesn't visit the forums all that often.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Corrected time last night for daylight savings, using settime. Inadvertently messed the date up the first time, then corrected it. Time and date is now ok but there is no guide data.

I've made multiple calls and it looks a bit odd when it's downloading data. Didn't look to be bringing much down earlier but on a call I've just made, it showed %age progress as I'd expect but still no data.

Is that a general problem, or something I've done? And, of course, the next question is what to do now, please?

This is on a Thomson set up for FTA.
    Last edited by Chieftain; 30-09-2008 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Added info

I have full data through until next monday, including channels like TV1 which have been causing problems over the last couple of weeks.

Try looking through the tclient.log file for problems as to why it might have failed loading the data?

Lo and behold after many calls and a few reboots, out of the blue it gained data. All the ones I watched seemed to follow the same progress, though it was heartening when it took longer processing the data but at the end still dais "no data" but then at about the time shown for your reply, it decided to pull it's socks up and show some data. Nothing for today (Wednesday) though. I'll check more deeply later.

Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post

Peter.
    Yes this has been a major constraint for us, the lack of volunteers, pretty much DJC and I have been trying to keep it going relatively stabley over the last 3+ years. The help of Wibble with the emulator and Orac has been excellent as well as Thomson.
    Nztivo has been in existence for 5+ yrs
    However a community is helped kept going with volunteers which we continue to lose rather than gain.
    Last edited by jaidev; 01-10-2008 at 08:35 PM.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
    Lo and behold after many calls and a few reboots, out of the blue it gained data. All the ones I watched seemed to follow the same progress, though it was heartening when it took longer processing the data but at the end still dais "no data" but then at about the time shown for your reply, it decided to pull it's socks up and show some data. Nothing for today (Wednesday) though. I'll check more deeply later.
    Perhaps you've already ruled this out, but I wonder if your problem is a phone line issue like in this post:

http://forums.oztivo.net/showpost.ph...&postcount=111

Symptoms sound sorta similar, and location at the Mount versus Tairua...
    Philips TiVo Series 1, Turbonet, 320GB, oztivo 1.6.2, NZ Emulator (8000), Akl Sky Digital Satellite

Anyone else missing data after Wednesday this week (5th) ?
    Daily calls happening fine, downloaded a little guide data even - just nothing showing pased Wednesday.

Cheers
    Neil
    US Philips HDR212 Series 1 Tivo, Cachecard with 512MB RAM, 320GB hard disk, OzTivo Image 1.6.2-20061109. Tivo rocks!
    New Zealand