Thread: TMK Fatal error

TMK Fatal error

I am having a reboot issue with my new Oztivo. It comes up with a TMK Fatal error thread ion the TVerrs page on TivowebPlus. Can anyone help me figure out why???? does it have something to with my foxtel cables loosing signal on occasions???? Any help would be great help.....

TMK errors in the log are just signs the TiVo is about to lockup or reboot, but not the original cause. Also it should be unrelated to any Foxtel issues you may have.

But a little more detail on your setup, the frequency it is occuring would help. You have said that is it a new OzTiVo, does this mean that you have just installed the image today?

We just need a bit more of a background to give any meaningful advice.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

TMK Fatal error

I have a Phillips Series 1 Tivo with a Turbonet card and 160GB Maxtor Hard drive. The frequency of these reboots and errors has increased from around once every hour to at times every 1-2 minutes. It happens to reboot when it starts recording something. I have had the Tivo up and running for 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for helping me out.

Ok, do you know how to look at the contents of a file?

I would like you to show the contents of your /etc/oztivo.conf file.

If you don't know how just let us know.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Yeah I really have no idea where to get that info for ya! Can you please let me know how so i can resolve this problem.

It's been a Month since I asked the question...

Realistically the most obvious cause would probably be a failing hard drive.

I suggest removing it and testing it with a drive tester like seagate's seatools.

Also if you have a spare drive (small or large) just try installing the image on to it for a few days to see if you have the same problems.

Peter.