Thread: missing links for beginners

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    Ok, to start you can also reboot easily from the Messages & Setup > System Reset > Restart the Recorder screen on the TiVo itself (I'll add it to the Docs).
    I dont understand how to get to that option though ? The box is always booting in maintenance mode because I cant make the first daily call ?

First, just want to confirm that you have rebooted and then tried a daily call after doing the edits.
    Yes. I rebooted from Telnet as Darren suggested.

rc.sysinit.author looks fine, but there are too many lines to be certain. What did you originally change in this file?
    Looking at this file again, I realise I didnt actually make any changes. I was following option 2 as per in http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view...entProxyServer. But I realised they didnt make sense with this version of rc.sysinit.author because the emuProxy version is controlled by variables and not by commenting out.

emuproxyZA.confk should be called emuproxyZA.conf, so unless it is a typo this may be the cause.
    I dont know how that k got there. Maybe something to do with the putty log capture and backspace/delete ? I can confirm that emuProxyZA.conf exists in the correct location :

[TiVo [p0] ~]# ls /hack/etc/
    blocklist.txt cron.d emuProxyZA.conf resolv.conf
    blockpatt.txt crontab emuProxyZA.conf~ trickey.conf
    [TiVo [p0] ~]#

If the above doesn't fix your issues,
    Unfortunately the box is still stopping at "first Daily Call" with attempt failed. I did notice that when I use the web interface under 'phone' to attempt the first daily call it eventually hangs on 'setting Up'. Does this just mean its in maintenance mode ?

[QUOTE=petestrash;13366]Please run through these tests so that we know your TiVo can talk to the outside world.
    /QUOTE]

All of these tests are still fine (according to me anyway, so Ive attached a log file in case Im fooling myself !).

The nic_config_tivo utility doesnt give the stated results with DHCP, so default gateway and the like are missing. But Id expect that when using DHCP wouldnt I ? Plus I can do everything network wise, so it must be OK. emulator port is ow 9090 not 80 of course.

Ive attached a screen dump in case Im fooling myself again.

Hmmm. What next . . . .

Thanks for your help this far, and it has confirmed my own amateurish diagnosis that I can network in and out and to the web which is a small comfort in the meantime !

An update from today's ongoing efforts :

As reported below a previous proxy test reported a proxy being in use. When I try again today the same test reports different results :

The request appears to have originated from host 220-244-85-247.static.tpgi.com.au which has ip address 220.244.85.247

but following the instructions the additional test reveals the use of a transparent proxy.

I have also tried adding 60.49.60.197 www.oztivo.net to the hosts file as per another post re PG and transparent proxies. No luck there either
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NerdCat; 05-09-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Updates from today's ongoing attempts