Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Nz Tivo!!

I'm not too familar with the NZ image. But endpadplus is what we used to use a few years ago, until they upgraded enpad, which is what we now use.

Either way endpad should be set to start automatically on the NZ image.

look in the endpad logs in tivoweb and it should tell you why it is failing.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

One step forward and two steps back!!!!!!!!!! Life just doesn't go in straight lines.

Harmony remote working beautifully. As of yesterday afternoon, controlling both TiVo's separately and completely. Set up two top level activities "TV via TiVo 250" and "TV via TiVo 120". Easy to swap between them, record different channels, watch live TV on either, etc. Still haven't got the channel changing working but not a big deal since that was where I was beforehand and can leave 250GB TiVo on TV1 which is what we mainly watch and use other TiVo for occasional use of other channels.

And then TiVo250 (my original) just seized. Rebooted and it ran for a while but then seized again. Now permanently dead. Pretty sure it's the disk as am getting same screen I got when I had forgotten to plug disk cables in, reimaging makes no difference, and swapping disk from one TiVo to other (plus LAN vs wireless card) had 120GB disk coming up fine in 250GB chassis.

So I need a new disk. While I'd like a terabyte disk, they are all now SATA, not IDE. Does anyone know if you can use a SATA disk in a TiVo with a converter plug? Or is it impractical? I see there are still 750GB IDE drives available (more expensive than SATA), so may go that way instead.

David

I would not recommend using the sata-ide converters. I tried a couple and could not get them to function. In all honestly you will have two TiVo's so I can't see 750GB not being enough
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

I agree with Darren, I have only seen 1 SATA-IDE convertor that worked with an S1 TiVo, and have not been able to find any more since.

Even recording in Best quality I doubt that you would need more than 500Gb.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!