Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nz Tivo!!

4. full restart only restarts TWP, not the TiVo.

5. To answer this, what is your DialConfig set for? To find it use TWP, go into MFS > State > PhoneConfig then look at your DialConfig setting.

b. This is an issue, put a # in front of the first one.

Can't answer the others till you answer 5.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Peter

4. So where is Reboot now? Is unplugging power cord the only way to do it? Used to be an option from the browser and within System Reset from the menu on the TV.

5. I'm sorry, I have no idea what you are saying here. I assume that TWP means TiVo Web Plus but that's it. Am I using the browser, the main menu showing on the telly or something like WinSCP to look at the actual disk? None of these bring up anything that could be construed as MFS, so I'll need a bit of pointing in the right direction here.

5b. Did that and had no effect (would have been surprised if did since presumably it's not causing problems for others).

BTW, clicking on Info when accessing the TiVo using my browser brings up the following which doesn't seem right:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_info '/' ''
    no such object:
    while executing
    "dbobj $channel get Number"
    ("uplevel" body line 4)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
    (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
    set state [db $db open "/State/MyWorld"]
    set channel [dbobj $state get LastChannel]
    set chnum [db..."
    (procedure "::action_info" line 63)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"

Further, when I use my browser to point directly at 210.48.107.133 I get the following:

"NZ Data Development Zone
    You've reached the development root directory for the NZTivo data effort.

Confused? -> Visit the forums or the wiki for more info :P

What is a Tivo?

In short Tivo is a (smart) digital video recorder that uses Hard Disk technology as opposed to tape technology such as conventional VCR's! Tivo is defined as a Personal Video Recorder (PVR) or Digital Video Recorder (DVR), an acronym for a device that:

puts you in control of your TV viewing
    allows you to quickly access lists of recordings
    skip quickly through extraneous parts of the recordings
    lets you watch what you want, when you want!
    The Tivo combines several important technologies together, such as real-time hardware video encoding, hard disk storage, and an electronic program guide (EPG). The key features of this combination of technologies are the recording and playback of shows, time-shifting (the ability to rewind/pause/fast-forward live TV), the ability to schedule regular recordings (eg daily/weekly shows), and the ability to suggest and record new shows (based on your likes/dislikes), etc.

Last Updated: 9th March 2006"

Is that what's supposed to happen?

David
    Last edited by David Stott; 21-09-2008 at 04:30 AM.

Darren - Re your question about my internal tuner, I have no such thing as far as I'm aware. I use a Freeview satellite decoder attached via RCA cables to tune into TV. So I assume no need to worry about the setting?

BTW, I'm still unable to see live TV via the TiVo. Has anyone else ever had this symptom, and if so how did you resolve it?

Also, I assume I'm going to have to change the network address to blank if I'm to try running the TiVo through someone else's router. Is there an easy way to do that or do I have to go through the full reimage procedure again?

David
    Last edited by David Stott; 21-09-2008 at 05:15 AM.

David
    Rebooting can also be done by typing "reboot" into a putty session. Yes use a browser to access TWP, the successor to what I think you were using. It can also be seen at http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/main.htm. Changes are noted at http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus2
    Darren et al, David only has satellite available where he lives, so any terrestrial signal is not an option for him, seemingly making any TiVo tuner superfluous in his case.
    David Hingston, Wellington, NZ
    Thomson TiVo, Cachecard 512MB, Samsung 300G, TWP 1.3.1
    Thomson TiVo, Cachecard 512MB, Seagate 320G, TWP 1.3.1
    Thomson TiVo, Cachecard 512MB, Seagate 320G, TWP 2.1 beta

4. I can't remember reboot being available from TiVoWeb, but is should still be available from the TiVo on screen menus or by typing reboot as David H has said.

5. You are probably running an older version of either TiVoWeb (TW) or TiVoWebPlus (TWP) than what I am using so I can't point you to exactly which menu has MFS. But if you can't find it by browsing through the menus then just try typing your TiVo's IP address followed by /mfs into a browser (eg. 192.168.1.16/mfs). Then follow the instructions I gave earlier.

You will need to set your TiVo to DHCP from the current fixed IP if you wanted to test elsewhere. I would rather you did not do this before giving the answer to 5.

The only problem I have is that I will be leaving soon and will not likely be back on the internet until Monday night.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

David

Thanks for Reboot tip. That works fine.

Thanks also for pointing me to Version 1.3.1 of TWP. Was on 1.2.3 from the Aug06 image and hadn't realised that should be updated. That's now running.

Unfortunately, I still can't work out what Peter wants me to do with it, as I can't see anything that looks like "MFS". However, if he's asking what the Dial Prefix is in GS Dialing Options, I can confirm it is ,#401.

Stop Press. I see my reply has crossed with Peter's. On to that now thanks Peter.

David

Peter

Found it under More. Contents of PhoneConfig are:

PhoneConfig 2276/10 {
    Version = 163
    CallWaitingPrefix = {}
    LastSuccessCallSecInDay = 0
    LastCallAttemptSecInDay = 1221983863
    CallStatusInfo = 14
    LocalAreaCode = 002
    DialConfig = 127
    DialPrefix = ,#401
    LastCallStatus = Failed
    NextCallAttemptSecInDay = 1221989987
    IndexPath = /State/PhoneConfig
    }

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Stott View Post
    Darren - Re your question about my internal tuner, I have no such thing as far as I'm aware. I use a Freeview satellite decoder attached via RCA cables to tune into TV. So I assume no need to worry about the setting?
    No, no need to worry about it then. Kind of begs the question why you thought it necessary to change it in the first place.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Thanks for that Darren. I was clearly confused.

I have now taken the TiVo to a friend's place but the result was still the same, just terminating even faster after about a minute from the "Connecting ..." message. Different router, telco, and ISP, so guess that confirms that there is definitely a problem with either the TiVo hardware or software.

Next step is to check the hard disk.

David

David
    Did you restore it to full DHCP? It might pay to check it is getting the correct gateway address? When you changed ISP's did your router also change? With the second TiVo you will need to ensure the MAC addresses are different, else you'll probably notice more issues!
    David Hingston, Wellington, NZ
    Thomson TiVo, Cachecard 512MB, Samsung 300G, TWP 1.3.1
    Thomson TiVo, Cachecard 512MB, Seagate 320G, TWP 1.3.1
    Thomson TiVo, Cachecard 512MB, Seagate 320G, TWP 2.1 beta