Thread: Turbonet config on a NZ image

Turbonet config on a NZ image

Hi all

My turn to ask a question (two actually), which is on behalf of someone I am helping via email:

1. Does the latest NZ image for USA TiVo hardware use the file oztivo.conf in the /etc directory to write the Turbonet configuration settings? If not then where are they stored?

2. Does the configuration file contain the "timing=x" line (where x is a number, usually 3 or 16)?

I ask because the person I am helping is having the classic "Turbonet connected to network is causing lockup" problem and removal of the network lead cures it. I advised to check the oztivo.conf file for the "timing=" line and the reply I got was that there is no such line in that file, which I thought was strange from my point of view as I thought the oztivo.conf file always contained some sort of timing setting entry for a Turbonet configuration.

Adding the appropriate line "timing=16" (for failsafe operation) has made no performance difference.

Not fully knowing the structure of the NZ image I am looking for some advice, hence the post.

Any advice appreciated
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    1. Does the latest NZ image for USA TiVo hardware use the file oztivo.conf in the /etc directory to write the Turbonet configuration settings? If not then where are they stored?
    The current NZ Image is based on 3.0-01-1-000 (OzTivo 1.5-20051128)

The timing settings will be in the /etc/rc.d/rc.net file.

It should look something like:

if /sbin/insmod -f /lib/modules/turbonet.o macaddr=00:0B:AD:10:10:10 timing=3 ; then
    export DYNAMIC_NET_DEV=eth0
    /sbin/ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.151 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
    /sbin/route add default gw 192.168.1.254
    fi

So the oztivo config will be ignored.

Thank you very much Wibble. That answers the questions, and all things being equal changing the timing from 3 to 16 in that file will resolve the issue (it usually does!).
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post

I ask because the person I am helping is having the classic "Turbonet connected to network is causing lockup" problem and removal of the network lead cures it. I advised to check the oztivo.conf file for the "timing=" line and the reply I got was that there is no such line in that file, which I thought was strange from my point of view as I thought the oztivo.conf file always contained some sort of timing setting entry for a Turbonet configuration.
    After numerous e-mails, guidance, and advice from Darren, it was finally resolved when we swapped TurboNet cards. Interestingly, the unit I swapped it into continued to work as well. It looks as if re-seating the TurboNet fixed it.