Thread: Latest NZ Tivo image to install?

Latest NZ Tivo image to install?

Hey guys,

I gave up on my Tivo for a while, but am trying to get it up again before the Olympics. (turns out the turbonet wasn't connected, on top of the router at home not working...both of those issues have been solved now :-))

I'm installing using the nzTiVo-Philips-Installer-Aug06TWP.iso file.

It's getting an error message after the setup call (which all connected ok), saying that the area code isn't valid (002).

I have a suspicion that it has something to do with the guide data moving from minnie to oztivo, but not really sure.

So my questions are:
    Is there a newer image I should be using? (and if so are there instructions as well?)
    And does that solve the minnie to oztivo issue, or do I need to deal with that seperately? (and before or after the install?)

Cheers!
    James

Wellington, NZ
    Philips, 250gb HD
    Last edited by jamesthecarman; 08-08-2008 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesthecarman View Post
    I have a suspicion that it has something to do with the guide data moving from minnie to oztivo, but not really sure.
    No. NZ guide data is not stored on the oztivo server. You are in NZ which has no bearing emulator wise on what we do here in Australia.

And does that solve the minnie to oztivo issue, or do I need to deal with that seperately? (and before or after the install?)
    See my comments above, and also the very first few words on front page of this very website: For All AUSTRALIAN OzTiVo's only
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

It was just a stab in the dark about minnie being the issue. Wasn't sure if there were some separate NZ instructions somewhere that I couldn't find... Anyway, does anyone know what might be causing my issue? (I'll refrain from taking stabs in the dark so I don't get told off...)

At the setup call during the installation for a new 250GB HD it connects/downloads/etc fine, but when I go to the next step it says area code (002) isn't valid.

There isn't a way to get around it, as the next step is to try another area code or phone customer service.

This may help as well (but the above is the real issue):

I have another hard drive (I'll call it 120GB)that was already setup, but it can't connect. Figured I'd just start using the larger HD (the one with the 002 issue) and use the 120GB as a backup. But it doesn't connect either when doing the daily call. When the time passes for it's next daily call, it doesn't even show that time as the last failed attempt. And I can't get live TV, so manually recording without the guide isn't possible any longer.

The last time I got it to do a daily call was in January. Not sure if anything has changed since then (I know there were some issues on my end with the router, the laptops wouldn't even connect by wire, but the new router does allow us to.)

It is unlikely to be related to the 002 area code, but more likely one of the earlier options you have chosen. E.g. Did you accidentally choose "aerial" instead of "cable"?

I realise the nztivo site is down, but some basic instructions can be found at: http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=959.

If you still have trouble, can you please post what you have entered for each step up until the error. (It's hard to help as I have no idea if you are you setting it up for sky or FTA, which postcode you are using etc etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by catdog View Post
    It is unlikely to be related to the 002 area code, but more likely one of the earlier options you have chosen. E.g. Did you accidentally choose "aerial" instead of "cable"?

I realise the nztivo site is down, but some basic instructions can be found at: http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=959.

If you still have trouble, can you please post what you have entered for each step up until the error. (It's hard to help as I have no idea if you are you setting it up for sky or FTA, which postcode you are using etc etc...)
    Will do in about 30 min's....It's conceivable I could have made a mistake somewhere along the way, I've had it 'open' for about 4 months. Off the top of my head I'm using Cable (for Sky) and 02113 as the postcode. But I'll have definite details soon.

Thanks again for the post catdog.

Everything looks to be working now. I was misreading the instructions.

* When finished press 'select'
    * "Dial In Numbers" choose 'none of the above' and press 'select'
    * "No local Numbers" choose 'sales and marketing program' and press 'select'

I was trying to figure it out from within setup, (which got me lost in an endless loop), and didn't choose sales and marketing program. After I did it worked fine.

Still not sure why my 120GB isn't connecting, but I'll worry about that another day. The Olympics are here and I'll get to put my 250GB to good use :-)

Cheers!
    James