Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: ?how to convert pronto neo IR codes

Manufacturer

In an attempt to help, I contacted Altech UEC in South Africa. After being put through to Au$tars equivalent in SA and being on hold for an hour, I didn't get very far, then after getting the right number, tech support we're too busy.

I'll try again tonight and see if I can talk anyone around into giving me the codes, am I asking for IR codes, pronto codes hex codes?

Please spoon feed me with the right answers so I can at least do some leg work to help solve what is VERY VERY annoying!!!

UEC Sydney - Helpful

I just got off the phone to UEC in Sydney. Spoke to a tech support guy. The details here hopefully will help, but the line was a bit crappy and I had trouble hearing him and understanding his SA accent, nonetheless, he was happy to help.

He said that the DSD-999 (Austar Flinders) uses the Phillips RCMM Protocol. He also said we should use the 32bit version.

I hope this helps, I'm about to start pounding Google now.

RCMM info

I've done some searching about the RCMM 32 bit protocol. Don't know if what I have found is much help, but here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

rcmm codes

That's very interesting, and thanks.

I sent emails to altech some time ago asking for the codes but they didn't even bother to reply.

I've looked round but can't find a way of converting those rcmm32 codes to tivo codes. So we're stymied from that point of view.

The codes I've captured with the neo remote work well, so they're nothing special. I think it's just that we're not converting them properly.

The pronto is on it's way from the US and should be no more than another week. I've shelved the remote codes project until it arrives.... Playing with the codes, uploading them to the tivo and testing them takes hours and it is very slow progress. Unfortunately, I have another life, but I'm patient enough to wait until the pronto arrives.

Let's hope that the pronto codes work, when I eventually capture them!!

Thanks for your continued help with this issue.

Chris.
    I suppose looking for AT&T stb tivo codes might me another avenue to explore...

Pronto

Any joy with you new Pronto?

I had no success finding AT&T codes.

Pronto conversion problems

The Pronto arrived. I captured working codes, translated them to tivo format and.... they don't work. On the pronto they work every time.

Something wrong with the translation algorithm. The tivo is transmitting the signals correctly because I can see the STB responding to it occasionally with seemingly random responses of 1 or 2 to the digit 1 code.

I'm going to play with other algorithms and see how I get on.

However, now I have the pronto, I can set up the timer on it and get it to do the channel changing thing itself. Not as convenient though.

Chris

the codes

Here are the hex and tivo codes, as captured by my newly arrived TS1000/01

?no idea why they don't work.

Help?

Chris

[QUOTE=NetMedic;13315]Here are the hex and tivo codes, as captured by my newly arrived TS1000/01

I've had a crack at it using the 'detailed conversion method', I have attached this tcl file, which really is only slightly different from your results, however it may be worth testing, I won't be able to test it until tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by NetMedic View Post
    Here are the hex and tivo codes, as captured by my newly arrived TS1000/01

Help?

Chris
    UEC decoders sometimes wait till both the single as well as the repeat key sequence has been received before performing the requested action. Given your learnt codes only contain the repeat key sequence commands, you can double these to emulate both the single and repeat key sequence. The attached file contains the 'ir3.codes' file with the button presses doubled to emulate sending both the single and repeat key sequence.

grinding to a halt...

Hi again.

I disagree with the theory that repeat codes and single codes are the issue here. My pronto has captured codes which work just fine, every time. So it's the conversion algorithms which are causing the problem. Either that, or I have a faulty tivo but I think not, because I've re imaged it about 10 times now and I can see the IR blaster is working, using my camcorder.

I've got a few days off, so I'm going to return to this problem. Nothing I've seen in this forum seems to solve the problem. However my pronto TS1000 captures the flinders codes with no difficulty, all the codes work, and so for the time being I am just setting up timers and macros on the pronto. This gets me by fairly well. I've set up a timer/macro for just about every regular program I want to record on the tivo, and I just leave the pronto pointing at the STB. The pronto changes the channel at the right time, and the tivo records the programme (after first trying to send non-working codes to the stb of course).

This gets me round the non functioning codes for the tivo IR blaster. It's kludgy and I have to make a new timer macro each time I take up a tivo suggestion, but it works.

Hopefully after a few days playing we can nail this problem.