Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ?how to convert pronto neo IR codes

no joy mate

Sorry my friend.

This is proving to be a knotty problem.

Keep an eye on this thread. I think we'll get there in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by NetMedic View Post
    Is there a way of determining the lead in and lead out codes, from the one working code we already have?
    0 55 0 18 21 17 8 17 8 35 8 17 8 17 8 44 8 35 8 17 8 17 8 17 8 35 8 24 8 35 8 17 8 17 8 17 8 24 8 4940
    There are two sets of IR codes in the attached zip file, the first just changes the lead out value from 4866 to 4940. The second file replaces all common patterns with the pattern from working austar atlas code.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What I have attempted to test out

I have taken the IR2 codes from your last post and cut and pasted them into the following TCL file and tested.

Now I definetely don't know what I'm doing and take my hat off to all those with this outstanding technical knowledge, BUT I'm trying to help as much as I can.

I loaded the following file in and ran the Tivosh routine etc. Put the tivo into guided setup mode, changed the sat box to Austar Oztivo, selected 30071 and tested a channel, tivo did not pop up the bo saying what channel its attempting to change to, nor did it appear to send any IR. just hung for 3 seconds then rebooted itself.

Again, trying to help, hope it does

Lol

I know exactly how you feel.

Been there and done that.

I'm going to do what tivoza suggested and try all the frequencies with my digit 1 code.

If that leads nowhere, then I'm going back to the beginning and getting the tivo itself to collect the codes. The main drawback with this method is that the tivo doesn't capture the code frequency. As this is very likely 55, we have the most important missing piece of the puzzle.

best of luck

Chris.

I'm going to do what tivoza suggested and try all the frequencies with my digit 1 code.
    Try the codes in the above attachment first.

slow progress

Hi again

I tried both sets of codes

ir.codes.... none work
    ir2.codes: both Dig1 and Dig2 reliably send a "3" command to the stb. None of the others work.

I'm now going back to try and collect codes using the tivo.

Chris

It's Pantene

Perhaps it won't happen over night, but it (hopefully) will happen

Let me know if there is anything you want me to do to assist in testing etc.

ir codes collected by tivo

Hi there

I've collected codes successfully using the tivo and "irSliceCreator".

I couldn't get them to work, but they are another basis for experimentation and discussion.

It's really interesting using irSliceCreator. You have to capture one code at a time, then exit the program and kill any IR processes, or else the blooming thing hangs.

Well at least we have a few more codes now to play with.

Looking at them, it's interesting that the the 3rd and 4th code pairs (which follow 0 55) seem to be transposed for all the digit codes, when compared to other austar codes.

I think I'll order a fully fledged pronto from the US, as playing with neo codes doesn't seem to work!

Chris
    see attachment.

Well at least we have a few more codes now to play with.
    It might be worth replacing the last digit in each of the learnt TiVo codes (e.g. 364, 367, 359, etc) with either 4866 (as per the neo learnt codes) or 4940 (as per the austar atlas code).

Looking at them, it's interesting that the the 3rd and 4th code pairs (which follow 0 55) seem to be transposed for all the digit codes, when compared to other austar codes.
    The third digit represents the amount of burst pairs in sequence 1, these burst pairs are used when sending a single key press. The fourth digit represents the amount of burst pairs in sequence 2, these burst pairs are used when sending a repeat key press. For the TiVo it doesn't matter weather the codes are contained within the single or repeat keypress as they will all get sent, having the codes in both the single and repeat sequence can result in a double digit being sent for each keypress.

Waiting

Hi all.

I've had no success with the codes captured by the tivo using irSliceCreator, at all. I've tried changing the last digit to 4940 and 4866, no joy at all.

I also played with the frequency using T1voZA's testfreq script. I tried this with the one ir2.code we have which works. It didn't lead anywhere.

I've now ordered a Philips pronto TS1000/01 from the US so I can get pronto codes first hand, and we'll see what comes of that!

If anyone has further suggestions what to try with the codes we already have, I'd be grateful. It will give me something to do while I wait for the pronto to arrive.

Thanks

Chris.