Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ?how to convert pronto neo IR codes

?how to convert pronto neo IR codes

Well, as no-one has been able to help me with codes for the austar flinders box, I decided to go the long way around.

My tivo couldn't capture useable codes so I ordered a philips pronto from the USA and captured the codes that way. The Neo works just fine, controlling my STB. I dowloaded the codes to my pc to work on them and......

I discovered that my pronto NEO does not generate ccf files, it generates ncf files. These are not compatible with the ccf decompiler programs which are the usual way of extracting codes, nor does the neo software allow access to the codes themselves.

After a bit of poking around, I found some neo hacking software and have extracted codes in the following format:

digit 1: 0 f 6c 65 a8 6 a 16 10 f 1c 3f 6f bc 76 84 44 38 12 21 c2 4 c3 f0 d

each code is in hex like the above. Also I don't see a frequency indicator, but I'm prepared to fiddle about to find that, manually.

Does anyone have an idea how to process these codes for the tivo? It'll save me sending off to the US for a more recent tivo! Thanks.

NetMedic.

I can't help with pronto stuff, but I getting a newer TiVo from the US will not make any difference to your problem as the codes are loaded from our server and if we don't have any working codes for your STB then you are in the same situation.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NetMedic View Post
    digit 1: 0 f 6c 65 a8 6 a 16 10 f 1c 3f 6f bc 76 84 44 38 12 21 c2 4 c3 f0 d
    The above HEX codes do not correlate to the HEX format required when converting Pronto ccf codes.

The good news is that you're halfway there. Using NeoHacker, open up the .ncf file from your Neo remote. Select "File -> Save As" and set "Files of type" to "RC3200 Configuration Files (*.ncf)".

To open the new file, you'll need to download the Marantz "RC3200 Set Up Software". Note that the Marantz RC3200 software can conflict with NEOedit software resulting in no labels being displayed when viewing your remotes config file. The simplest solution to this is to install the Marantz RC3200 software on a different machine or on a virtual machine (e.g. VMWare).

Once you have the Marantz RC3200 software installed, open up the new .ncf file created by NeoHacker. You can now access the remotes HEX codes in CCF format by selecting the device, then double click on the relevant page, double click on the required button, double click on "Learned IR Code" and then click "Edit IR" from where you can copy the HEX code in CCF format
    Last edited by T1voZA; 03-08-2008 at 08:12 PM.

Wow

Wow, what technical giants we have reading this forum

Thanks, TivoZA

I'll have a go at this in the morning, it's now 12:42 am!

Cheers, and G'Day, mate

Chris

Getting there

Hi there
    Thanks to T1voZa for that

After a few minutes in a dark closet with 2 remotes, and an explanation to my wife about what was going on, I've now got the tcl file sorted. The codes look "right" with no silly wrong looking numbers in it.

However, following instructions in section 4 of "irconversionmoredetail" in the IR wiki, I find I'm supposed to load the tcl into the following directory: /var/hack/guide/stb

Unfortunately, /var/hack/guide does not have a /stb subdirectory on my tivo image, which I believe is the latest. Does this affect what I do, or do I just run the tivosh commands from /var/hack/guide, and leave my tcl there?

I had set my tivo up to use the original 30017 codes, so if I follow the irconversionmoredetail system presumably I shouldn't need to run lssources, as long as I go into tivosh and replace them with my new tcl file, which is set up for 30017? Am I right?

Thanks for the continued help

Chris.

However, following instructions in section 4 of "irconversionmoredetail" in the IR wiki, I find I'm supposed to load the tcl into the following directory: /var/hack/guide/stb

Unfortunately, /var/hack/guide does not have a /stb subdirectory on my tivo image, which I believe is the latest. Does this affect what I do, or do I just run the tivosh commands from /var/hack/guide, and leave my tcl there?
    It doesn't matter where you store the tcl file containing the IR codes as when you execute the file it will upload the codes to your TiVo's MFS database.

I had set my tivo up to use the original 30017 codes, so if I follow the irconversionmoredetail system presumably I shouldn't need to run lssources, as long as I go into tivosh and replace them with my new tcl file, which is set up for 30017? Am I right?
    Correct, since you've used the same codes there is no reason to perform the lssources step. However, since you've used an already existing IR code, your new IR code settings in the TiVo MFS database will be erased when the ozTiVo IR slice is next updated. As such once you're happy that the codes are working, do yourself a favour and go back and set the CableBoxCodeNum to an unused value (this time round you'll need to perform the lssources step).

And once they have been running for a week and you are happy with them, please upload them to our database so I can include them in the next slice.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

my tcl files

Hi there

Please could someone please have a look at these tcl files I've created.

I've tried them a few times and each time my machine has crashed after reboot. I'm not sure why. The codes look good. I do realise that digit7 is a shorter code than the rest but I've checked it with my pronto and I know it works.

To load the tcl to my tivo I used the irconversionmoredetail method:

cd /var/hack/guide/
    tivosh
    %source altech4.tcl (which of course is in the correct directory, d'uh!)
    %loadcodes

(I then get the prompts contained in the tcl file, suggesting successful load, then I type CTRL-D to finish)

reboot after loading my codes causes the tivo to go into a repeating boot-reboot cycle. Rather than mess about, out comes the HD and into my pc for re imaging! I'm quite good at this now and can reimage and reinstall a drive in about 10 mins. I wish I hadn't had a much practice!!

Please check both copies as I created them independently.

Thanks

Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please could someone please have a look at these tcl files I've created.
    There doesn't appear to be any apparent problems with the code.

Your IR codes all send the command for a repeat keypress but not for a single keypress. This is not necessarily a problem and many remotes only have IR codes for the repeat keypress and not for a single keypress. I assume you did this but if you were to try and learn the codes again, press the button you wish to learn on your Neo remote and only then press and hold the button on the remote from which you are learning (keep the button from which you are learning pressed for the entire duration of the learning process, until you hear a beep).

Given the fact that the commands work on your Pronto remote but not on the TiVo, it might be the case that the TiVo is trying to send the single keypress command of which there isn't one and hence it's crashing. You can switch your Pronto single keypress and repeat keypress commands around by ticking the "switch sequences" checkbox next to "Burst pairs" when using the IR conversion at:

Once you've uploaded the generated file to your TiVo, simply type:
    Code:
    ./ir_codes.tcl
    The above command will upload the new codes to your TiVo's MFS, it will also give you the exact command to run to get your TiVo to make use of the new codes so no more fiddling around with lssources.

Could you upload a copy of both your Neo codes as well as the extracted CCF codes that you used for conversion. I'm busy testing some Pronto 2 Neo conversion code and more test cases would be useful.