Thread: Reimage problem

Reimage problem

Hello All
    I am trying to re-image my Tivo with the latest image. It boots into knoppix and then says "Can't find Knoppix filesystem." and then says something about a very basic operating system.

Does anyone know what the problem here is? According to the PrepareTiVoDisk guide it should be all automatic up to the installation options appear but I am not getting that far.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Phil

I've hear of people having this problem and it has been that a too modern PC is being used. Find something circa 3-5 years ago... no I'm not joking!
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Hello Darren
    Thanks for that. I have an old Pentium 166 that I will try it on tomorrow.

Regards

Phil

That would be perfect I would imagine. I use an old Pentium 2/400 with no problems.

Darren
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Hello Darren
    Yep that worked fine. The image is now installed. Just a quick question has the latest image been updated to the new guide data server? Guided setup appears to be stuck on the Guide Data Call.

Regards

Phil

yes, the server is correct, but may need the port changed to 9090 if you are using TPG or some other problem ISP.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi all, I have just moved to Oz and want to get my UK TiVo converted. I am getting the same error as below i.e. after booting I get "Can't find Knoppix filesystem." I don't have access to an older PC just this one and some laptops. The MD5 of the ISO is correct. Am I stuffed?

Alternatively is there anyone in the Melbourne area who could image a drive for me?
    Last edited by gadgetguy; 14-06-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Try contacting Darren King (one of the above posts).

I am looking at making a backup image that can be used on PC's that have this issue, but it won't be ready for at least another month.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thanks Pete. I have emailed Darren.

I can live with waiting a month or so if that doesn't work out. Can you elaborate on what the issue with the current image and newer PC's is?

We do not have a test system that fails, so that we are not certain of the cause.

But we believe it is due to some motherboards/chipsets not being fully compatible with the knoppix drivers.

Peter.