Thread: Tivo showing GMT time

Tivo showing GMT time

All,

My tivo has decided that it wants to show the time in GMT...

About a week ago I noticed the time on the Tivo was a few minutes out and we kept losing the end of shows, so I logged in and ran fixtivotime. This seemed to fix the time up, but ever since it has only showed GMT.

I have restarted it a couple times, manually ran a daily call, and reran Guided Setup. Still only shows GMT.

I am running a fairly old ozTivo software level (1.3).

Anyone know how to fix this up?

Regards,

Jason

TiVo time should stay in sync provided you have it connected to the OzTiVo server via a network and internet connection. I am assuming you are in Australia as your profile does not say your location - please update this.

It is assumed that if you are in Australia then you have updated your TiVo to point to the new server as per the instructions on the front of this website? The server moved at the start of July but it has been published for a while of it's intention to move and what to do at your end about it. I'm guessing you have as it would have run out of guide data a few weeks ago now.

Also ensure that port 37 is not being blocked by your router or firewall as this port is required for connection to the time server.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

I am located in Sydney. I have updated it to use the new server. The daily call is working fine and port 37 isn't blocked.

Noticed all the time servers in my /hack/bin/fixtime.cron file are dead - have updated with new addresses.

OK - managed to fix it by running /hack/bin/timezoneadj30.tcl. It said the tivo time zone was set to 7 (GMT). Now set to 17 (GMT+10).

Thanks,

Jason

Time still stuffed

The time on my Tivo is still stuffed but in a different way.

The time on my Tivo when I run date in the telnet Window is 10 hours behind.
    The time displayed through the TV is correct, however the TV guide is 10 hours out.

When I run (at 20:45) settime the following is output:

[TiVo [p0] /hack/bin]# /tvbin/settime `rtimetz -v 129.6.15.28 131.107.1.10`
    Our postcode is 02000. Found matching timezone Australia/Sydney
    Offset 0 for timezone GMT, daylight saving is 0
    Connecting to time server 129.6.15.28
    t was 3427008334 from server
    t is now 1218019534
    Time is 2008-08-06 10:45:34
    Time set to: Wed Aug 6 10:45:34 2008
    Have a nice day.

Should I see an Offset of 10 for my timezone? I have updated my zoneinfo files in an attempt to fix this. I have run timezoneadj30.tcl several times (initially trying to resolve an earlier issue and then trying to resolve this problem).

Each time it says the timezone is set to GMT+0 and I have set it to GMT+10. This doesn't seem to stick however ... I have tried putting the drive into "rw" before hand and then "ro" afterwards and doesn't seem to make a difference.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? If not, can you provide some info on how a working Tivo has time settings ... (for example, what is the output of "/tvbin/settime `rtimetz -v 129.6.15.28 131.107.1.10`" on a working Tivo?

Regards,

Jason

Here's the output from my Tivo:
    Code:
    [TiVo [p0] /etc]# rtimetz -v 129.6.15.28 131.107.1.10
    Our postcode is 02000. Found matching timezone Australia/Sydney
    Offset 36000 for timezone EST, daylight saving is 0
    Connecting to time server 129.6.15.28
    t was 3427486434 from server
    t is now 1218533634
    Time is 2008-08-12   09:33:54
    I think I've seen your problem before and it was due to a corrupt /etc/postcodezones file.
    This must be in unix format, with a single tab between the the two columns

Matt

You should be able to get the current file by running the update_oztivo script if you are running OzTiVo r1.6 or higher.

Run it just as update_oztivo first and it will list the files that are going to be changed, if you are happy with that, then run update_oztivo -y to actually do the update.

Then reboot and try a call again.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!