Thread: Honeymoon over - Tivo HD failed during Tour de France

Angry Honeymoon over - Tivo HD failed during Tour de France

The honeymoon is over. My shiny new Tivo HD stopped recording the TDF last night after only 54 minutes. This morning the recording shows as "partial" and when I get to the end of the partial recording the picture just freezes - doesn't bring up the menu that it usually does at the end of a recording to save or delete.

I'd like to figure out what went wrong to prevent it from happening tonight during the time trial when the Tour will be won or lost.

Two additional pieces of information:
    1.) I was watching the recording in progress for a while last night. When I went to bed I did the normal (left button, left button, turn the TV off). I've had a Series 1 Tivo for the last 4 years so this has been done many times before. I definitely did NOT tell it to stop recording.

2.) when I turned the Tivo on this morning it said there was a channel line-up change and the first two channels on the list were 3 SBS & 30 SBS HD (which I was recording from). Is it possible that the line-up change caused this problem?

With the Series 1 Tivo if something happened mid-recording then it would always start up again.

This is a major confidence killer with this new system. I have had other problems that have required a pull the plug reboot - remote control freezes. My software version number is 8.2.1-01-2-663.

Any ideas?
    Cindy

In all honesty these types of complaints should be documented and directed to HTS via the official tivo website at www.tivo.com.au after their launch on Tuesday 29th July.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Thanks Darren, Thank goodness for my old Series 1 Tivo that you built for me all those years ago. It is now plugged back in and updated with current program guide data and will record all my "too important to miss" shows until the bugs are worked out on the new Tivo HD.

Quote Originally Posted by CParrill View Post
    2.) when I turned the Tivo on this morning it said there was a channel line-up change and the first two channels on the list were 3 SBS & 30 SBS HD (which I was recording from). Is it possible that the line-up change caused this problem?
    I believe this is the cause.

When a line-up change occurs the channel may be technically deleted and then re-added. It is possible the channel disappeared while the TiVo was recording.

But this is just lazy programming, and as Darren has said log it with HTS. They have programming so that the TiVo will not reboot to install new firmware while a recording is taking place, surely they could do the same for line-up changes.

But techically it is still pre-release software, so consider yourself a Beta tester :-)

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!