Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tivo Desktop Software and Media Access Key

I see.... So does the TiVo do the updates automatically or do I have to do something to update the service?

There is a menu option to manually force a connection, otherwise the updates are done usually overnight around 2am unless something is being recorded at that time in which case the TiVo will wait for recording to finish, do the update, and then reboot.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Any news on WHAT the update does yet? Really wish they offered more info on their site, but guess it's not meant to be sold until the 29th and I am hoping that is when the site will really go live....

Good old Harvey Normans, always breaking release date, not that I'm complaining

When the server decides your box should be updated, they will make the download available on the next call it makes. Once it has downloaded it sits on your box until it is restarted. If not restarted earlier, it will automatically restart at 2am (if nothing is recording).

I'm a little surprised you have not received it yet. If you go into setting neworking what is your current status?

Peter.

EDIT: This was a reply to post #11. The other two posts came while I had this on the screen
    Last edited by petestrash; 22-07-2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: post was sent late.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

In reply to post #13, There is no official details.

But unofficially mentioned so far, you lose photo's and music, some adjustments to ffw skip back and some tuner tweeks.

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Cool thanks heaps for the info, will check it out tonight after work and see if it has completed the update

As predicted the two options for configuring a server for Tivo Desktop Software and enabling home network applications have disappeared. For the record, the software version is now 8.2.1-01-2-663.

Yes, while you were on 8.2b you have them, but not on 8.2.1

Peter.

So what's the story?

I wasted days (it would now appear) on US Tivo forums trying to get the TivoToGo functionality working (streaming video back and forth between my laptop and the Tivo) using pyTivo, streambaby, and iTivo.

I'm befuddled as to why Aussie Tivos are apparently running a 'crippled' version of the US software.

So when are we getting Media Access Keys so we can get this software working?

Anybody have any info?

Cheers

Officially 1st Qtr 2009, and it will be a paid upgrade.

I'm guessing mid-end end of March.

Peter.