After 48 hours my new TivoHD acquired an additional menu item on Tivo Central - "Music, Photos, Products, & More".

Naturally I felt the need to investigate further. The new options included some games, configuring a server for Tivo Desktop Software and enabling home network applications.

Downloaded Tivo Desktop and tried installing it on a desktop PC. Hit the wall when the install asked for the "Media Access Key". According to the install dialog box this should appear as a separate option under "Messages & Settings"/"Account & System Information" but it's not there. Tried connecting to the Tivo Service in case a further update was needed but selecting the Connect option responds with "This option will be unavailable until a scheduled software update occurs at 2:00am."

Tried the Setup & Support page on www.tivo.com.au. The message "Check back on the 29th of July, 2008 for the launch of this support service" was not helpful.

I might pluck up courage and try the phone support line, or I might just wait and see.