Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to re-image disk

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    Ok, well at least we know you are selecting the right card.

Do you have a serial cable that you can connect between a pc and the TiVo?

Peter.

Hi Peter, I took a photo but I don't know how to upload, I don't have a serial cable should I get one?

Just write down the details of the error message and post it here.

Would be better than posting a reduced image which is hard to read.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Just write down the details of the error message and post it here.

Would be better than posting a reduced image which is hard to read.

Peter.
    Hi Peter,

the error on the splash screen reads exactly like this:

SILICON DUST
    Cachecard

driver version:xxxxxxxx/20050218
    ERROR: Driver failed to load:
    cachecard:000070000 00007000 00007300 00007300
    cachecard:00f27400 00f27400 00007700 00007700
    cachecard:000078000 000078000 00007b00 00007b00
    cachecard:d0f0cc03 d0f0cc03 00007f00 00007f00
    cachecard:error:cachecard/sram not found!

ok, That error relates to an issue with the ram, but the card should still work for networking.

Can you remove the cachecard, then remove the ram from the card, then reinstall the card (without ram) making sure that the card is fully seated (no contacts showing).

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

No probs Peter, I'll do that when I get home later this evening.
    many thanks for your help and interest!

Peter,
    I removed the ram but it still gave me an error, its looking for the cachecard drivers (which are not there).
    I proceeded to redo the image and network setting, on the network menu I chose DHCP, the suggested MAC address, and chose the relevant card (cachecard with ram). at this point I expected drivers to be loaded but it just took me to a the warning screen and then back to the main menu.

pls help!

You say you removed the ram, but did you also remove and reinsert the card to the TiVo motherboard as Peter asked, and ensured that the card did slot fully onto the motherboard?

There are also two locking tabs holding the motherboard down to the case either side of the card slot that you may want to straighten so the motherboard can lift a little. The reason for doing that is that very few people trim down the top side of the rubber foot which is located directly under the card slot and this can sometimes prevent the network card from being fully seated onto the motherboard. Untwisting the tabs allow enough clearance.
    Last edited by Darren King; 22-07-2008 at 08:43 AM.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    You say you removed the ram, but did you also remove and reinsert the card to the TiVo motherboard as Peter asked, and ensured that the card did slot fully onto the motherboard?

There are also two locking tabs holding the motherboard down to the case either side of the card slot that you may want to straighten so the motherboard can lift a little. The reason for doing that is that very few people trim down the top side of the rubber foot which is located directly under the card slot and this can sometimes prevent the network card from being fully seated onto the motherboard. Untwisting the tabs allow enough clearance.
    Hi Darren,

I did as Peter asked, I removed the card from the slot, then removed the ram, then replaced the card back in (making sure it was fully in). The card was operational in that the green light on its side was on (is this correct?) during the guided set up.
    You see when I first bought the TiVo (running ver 1.3) I powered it up, the cachecard splash screen appeared, it loaded all drivers then it sent me to TiVo central. then I tried to run the guided set up so I could hook up my foxtel (original the person I bought from had set up for FTA only) to it, it always failed on connecting to server, no matter how hard i tried to make it connect to the new server (telnetting to it), it wouldn't do it.

So I decided to reimage the drive to the newer version to bring it up to date.

There will be a driver error on boot because it cannot load the cachecard drivers, but should still load the networking.

Have you checked the TiVo messages to see if your TiVo has been allocated an IP by your router, (you do have a DHCP server turned on) ?

The warning screen is correct on the installer, and there is no confirmation that the settings have been made.

On the installer there is an option to view the settings. can you have a look this and write down what is shown.

Also perhap give the TiVo a fixed IP using the installer that is not part of your DHCP range, but on the same subnet.

Peter.

There will be a driver error on boot because it cannot load the cachecard drivers, but should still load the networking.

Have you checked the TiVo messages to see if your TiVo has been allocated an IP by your router, (you do have a DHCP server turned on) ?

The warning screen is correct on the installer, and there is no confirmation that the settings have been made.

On the installer there is an option to view the settings. can you have a look this and write down what is shown.

Also perhap give the TiVo a fixed IP using the installer that is not part of your DHCP range, but on the same subnet.

Peter.
    Hi Peter,

Upon booting the TiVo, it starts up in maintenance mode, where it takes me directly to the set up guide, from this point it goes through everything until the networking where it tries to connect. This is where it falls down. Does the image allow for connection to the moved server?

DHCP is running on my router where I can see IP addresses for my computer and PS3. Once upon a time (before the initial re-image) I used to see the TiVo aswell (called oztivo).

I will give it an IP when i redo it tonight.
    Many thanks for your help.