Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Emulator - No NZ Guide?

New Emulator - No NZ Guide?

Hi, just switched over to the new emulator and although my daily calls are getting through, I'm getting no NZ program guides (02113 - Sky Digital).

If I do a manual call through TivoWeb the whole thing is over in about 30 secs.

So...is there no NZ guide data on www.oztivo.net or has something gone awry?

Quote Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post
    So...is there no NZ guide data on www.oztivo.net or has something gone awry?
    No of course not. Stick to the NZ emulator 210.48.107.133:8000

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Quote Originally Posted by Skolink View Post
    No of course not. Stick to the NZ emulator 210.48.107.133:8000
    Cheers for that. For some reason I thought we were getting the data from Aus. Perhaps the Emulator move notice should have a "Not for NZ!" warning.

It does start with "So far only 20% of OzTiVo's have moved", it mention OzTiVo three times and does not mention NZTiVo anywhere.

Sorry, you are the only one who has done this

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Cool Fool

Doh! I did exactly the same thing. No wonder my wife has been initiating manual phone calls for the last week or so when I have not been home!

Is the easiest way just to change the emulator back manually?

Phil from Wellington

Depends on how you changed in the first place

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I ran update_oztivo -y

Ok, so that means that you are running a 1.6.x image.

You need to edit /etc/oztivo.conf and change the emulator and emulator port.

Let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

Peter.

After reading the above posts it seems apparent to me that the update_oztivo -y process does not check the country that the TiVo resides in.
    Can the update_oztivo -y be modified to enable use in both countries so that it changes emulator settings only when required?

Don't forget the OzTiVo image was made by Australians for Australians. We were asked if we could include the NZ emulator and special postcodes when we released 1.6, which we have happily done. But for all intensive purposes the rest is designed for use in Australia.

Some people in NZ modified our 1.5 image to work just in NZ, and I believe New Zealanders have been asked to use this NZ image instead of the newer OzTiVo release.

Basically for the moment anyone in NZ running OzTiVo 1.6.x should consider update_oztivo as not for them, hence the 'oztivo' in the name

If someone wanted to setup an NZ rsync server and maintain it, I could easily make a new file called 'update_nztivo' instead and have the update code changed to point to a NZ server.

Though this new file would have to be manually transferred to your TiVos, as running update_oztivo to pick it up will change your settings again.

To include NZ on the existing server would mean setting up a separate NZ section on maxie, I would prefer not to maintain two rsync areas with different needs. One is confusing enough :-)

Peter.