Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky UHF Channels Wrong

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sky UHF Channels Wrong

This seems to be the closest information I can find ( though unfortunately it's reading like gobbledigook to me ;-( ) to the probem I'm having which is that I'm recording off UHF Sky, which doesn't seem to have it's own lineup. In order to get it to work I've used ChannelMap to reorder the channels to how they're coming in as :
    TV1 1
    TV2 2
    TV3 3
    C4 4
    Prime 5
    Maori 6
    Movie1 7
    Box 8
    Sport1 9

The problem is it still thinks it's a SKY digital setup, so keeps reverting to completely different channel lineups every now and again and screwing up the recordings.
    When I spot it I can just used ChannelMap to revert to saved, but invariably miss something, so is there any way I can stop it refreshing the lineups, or set up a Sky UHF lineup?

Thanks In Advance for any help as this is really rather annoying and unpredictable!

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I have moved your post to it's own thread.

In general unless your issue directly relates to an Existing and Current thread, please make a new one.

It sound's like you need a new lineup to stop the problems.

One of NZ Admins should be able to help out with that.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

As pete has said, the best solution is to get a custom SKY UHF lineup created that only has those channels.

Another work around is to use channelmap to reorder the channel numbering, then set the ServerVersion number to something large (e.g. 500) so that when the sky digital numbering change occurs then your existing channels have a higher version number and are left alone.

The problem is that I don't know how to undo this hack easily, so if the emulator is majorly restructured and the station serverids get changed (unlikely), then your tivo will no longer receive data for the changed stations and may need a "clear and delete all" to get rid of the hack.

If you want to try it:
    Connect using TivoWeb
    more->MFS -> Headend
    Write down the headend number xxxxxx
    Telnet in, and change the serverversion variable
    dbsetx /Headend/xxxxxx ServerVersion 500

Hope this helps.

P.S. How are you changing channels on the UHF box? With the infrared blaster?

Thanks, done that so let's hope it works.

If the headend thing is checking the ServerVersion attribute as to whether or not to update, surely I can just set it back to it's original version and then the next update will refresh over it?

Yeah, using the IR blaster, that side of it all seems to work pretty fine, and hopefully now the TiVo end will too - much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by werdmail View Post
    If the headend thing is checking the ServerVersion attribute as to whether or not to update, surely I can just set it back to it's original version and then the next update will refresh over it?
    Yeah, I guess so. But you might be waiting weeks (months?) for the next update to come along. (How often do sky change their lineup?)
    Quote Originally Posted by werdmail View Post
    Yeah, using the IR blaster, that side of it all seems to work pretty fine, and hopefully now the TiVo end will too - much appreciated!
    Could you please upload the IR codes for others to use (preferably to the oztivo website, or if you cant manage to get it working add them as an attachment here).

If you guys can

... get the IR codes sorted, all that needs to happen is load them into the oztivo IR database and [once Peter rolls a new slice] the NZ emulator will download them and add them to the NZ installation.

I'll sort out a headend 02118 will be the postcode.
    Last edited by DJC; 13-07-2008 at 05:38 PM.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    If you guys can

... get the IR codes sorted, all that needs to happen is load them into the oztivo IR database and [once Peter rolls a new slice] the NZ emulator will download them and add them to the NZ installation.
    I don't have the IR codes - that's why I asked for them.

It's up to you werdmail

The headend for this is complete, so once the IR codes are done, this should work.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Let me know once the codes are loaded and I'll make a new slice for DJC to load.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I will be rolling a new IR slice next week. So, werdmail could you please upload your codes for others to use.

Peter.