Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Statis IP address problem

Statis IP address problem

Hello All
    I am having trouble getting a static IP address to work with the TIVO. I have gone through the Static IP tutorial and followed the instructions to the letter. When I run the nic_config_tivo it shows the IP address as being static and set to 10.0.0.160 however when the TIVO reboots the IP address is still DHCP. I run the nic_config_tivo again and it shows the same 10.0.0.160 ip address that I assigned to it. I have checked the mac address and it is the same as the one shown in TIVO messages.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Regards

Phil

Do you have a cachecard or turbonet, and when you run nic_config_tivo does it say anything about 'Silicon Dust' ?

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hello Peter
    Yes I do have a turbonet card and it does come up with a warning about silicon dust.

Regards

Phil

You are using the wrong file. You should not have used the silicon dust installer.

Where are you located? you need to update your profile.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hello Peter
    I was unaware that I had used the silicon dust installer. I certainly don't remember seeing any mention of the silicon dust installer except for the aforementioned message. What exactly does it do? What file should I be using?

I am located in the Tweed Gold Coast area. My Tivo uses the TV guide data from the Grafton/Coffs Harbour area.

Regards

Phil

Cool, can you please change your profile so your location is shown. It makes giving help easier.

The only way you would have the silicon dust file is if you used the silicon dust installer when you installed your turbonet. We have warnings not to to do this on the website.

Have you moved to the new oztivo server yet?

What version of OzTiVo are you using?

Peter.

Hello Peter
    On the "Change your OzTiVo's network card" it says down in the "for 1.3 images" section
    The easiest way to change the card is to copy the sample file to /etc/rc.d/rc.net then run the silicon dust nic_config_tivo For example, to change to an airnet:
    so that is most likely how it was run although I don't remember using it.

The TivoWeb distribution version listed is Version 1.3.1 (oztivo-061025). And the Software System version is listed as 3.0-01-1-000 (OzTivo 1.6.2-20061109).

Yes I have moved to the new oztivo server.

Regards

Phil

No worries, you didn't say that you were running 1.3 (about 5 years old) which is very different to 1.4/1.5/1.6

Quite frankly I can't remember how we setup DHCP on 1.3

It's quite possible it's just in rc.net. The rc.net we now use is nothing like the original.

Post your copy here to look at.

Peter.

Phil, would it not be easier to just assign a permanent lease to the TiVo in your DHCP server, or is there a reason for assigning the static one?
    TiVo Series 1 (Phillips) - 500Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Foxtel Digital Cable
    TiVo Series 1 (Sony) - 250Gb, Turbonet Card, HAILO 8000 HD STB

Hello All
    I decided to re-image the TiVo with the latest image rather than trying to sort it out. One reason for this is the daily calls are not working anymore. I did convert to the new guide server but apparently it did not work. Says I have guide data until some time in 1970

Regards

Phil