Thread: Dusted off tivo project

Dusted off tivo project

Hi Philips Series 1 - 320gb Seagate Turbonet card - V3 1.6.2 Image - Sky tv source

I have got around again to install my tivo ++++ fingers crossed. Upon the setup guide it says line unavailable. I guess this is a firewall issue... The ethernet is plugged into a switch and this plugged into a router. I am on Slingshot. Any ideas on this as I am out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tane2 View Post
    I have got around again to install my tivo ++++ fingers crossed. Upon the setup guide it says line unavailable. I guess this is a firewall issue... The ethernet is plugged into a switch and this plugged into a router. I am on Slingshot. Any ideas on this as I am out of them.
    Check the following:
    http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view...etworkingHowto

but bear in mind that in NZ the server address is 210.48.107.133 and the port is 8000.
    ie: http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1765

Upon the setup guide it says line unavailable
    Maybe you selected dialup rather than Terbonet when you were imaging the disk. Perhaps you mean that the TiVo says "service unavailable"?
    Are you using DHCP or fixed IP on the TiVo? Have you telnet-ed into the TiVo and tried to ping your gateway/router, and then the NZTiVo server?

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Hi I have tried a couple of these steps, but no progress - is it possible that someone can contact me to resolve these issues, i will pay you for your time. Auckland Mt Albert

Hi I have tried a couple of these steps, but no progress - is it possible that someone can contact me to resolve these issues, i will pay you for your time. Auckland Mt Albert
    The post I found really useful, just recently, for my Philips TiVo is http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=959 If you're following this and still having problems, then we need more detail and more information.

I'm happy to help where I can, as lots of members of this forum have helped me in the past. My payment to them, is now to help others where I can....
    TiVo Series one Philips unit, TurboNet, 160Gb, on TelstraClear Analogue
    TiVo Series one Thompson unit, TurboNet, 250Gb, on Freeview Digital Satellite, Kaon KSF 570

Hi Back again tried setting up this time, but on the set up call the message reads : Failed couldn't connect. Wot to do?

Try these tests to see what connection your TiVo has.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!