Thread: auto play "now playing"

auto play "now playing"

Does anyone know how to make the tivo keep on playing one item in the playlist after the other (ie to go down the list in order) without having to do anything with the remote OR how a single thing on the now playing list can be put in a loop and play again and again?

I want to be able to leave in unattended for a few hours, but have it playing back something (and not live tv!).

Ian

In short, I don't know of an easy way.

If you were capable you could probably right a program that monitors the logs for the end of show (assuming it's logged, I have never looked) and then runs some sendkey commands to start the next one or replay the current one.

The simplest I can think of would be to attach all the files to you want to play in a row outside the TiVo and upload it back as one large show.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

thanks, I just wanted to check that there wasn't an easy way to do it.. I can extract the video and divx it (and make a long dvd) but thought there might be a simpler way..

And back to my normally problem, hunting for an open proxy to point the tivo at so that it can get the guide info.. The last one I used only worked for about 4 weeks... I'd almos tconsider one of the new aus tivo's, except 1) no 30 second jump, and 2) no dump the video to the network...

Ian

30 sec skip won't be here as it also not in the current US TiVo's either. Personally I never really liked the 30 sec skip and have always used FFW.

Though TiVotoGo will work (promised by years end), this will allow transfers off TiVo, to other devices and even burn to DVD.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

the 30sec skip is about the most useful feature (for me!) as most adds are in 30 second blocks.. So press it a few times and you're through the adds!

And I'm back to my normal proxy problem - though this time it is a bit different, both tivo's (with a new proxy set up) seem to connect, say they are downloading, but then never finish 'finishing up...' - resulting in no program data.. Though I am suspicious about the download, as the clock has been reset to 1/jan 00:00...

Ian

sounds like the time call during the daily call is failing.

try running ntpdate manually and see what you get.

Peter

Hi Ian,

As an aside, can you please check your tclient log, and let me know what value 'confInfo' has.

I want to make sure people using emuProxyZA can make the change to the new server ok.

Peter.