Thread: Thomson TiVo Clock Warp Issue

Thomson TiVo Clock Warp Issue

Have found the posts about the clock warp issue if the new postcode is not entered. Sending instructions to my mate right now. I think this should hopefully fix up everything! Having done this I think I'm going attempt to write up an install guide for a Thompson TiVo over here... I'm fairly sure between mine and Chieftain's issues I can piece to gether something that'll be useful int he future!

hmmmm have added the 02127 postcode to /etc/postcodezones but now the Thomson is apparently 12 hours out of time instead of 1 hour! It's saying PM instead of AM. Anyone come across this before or know of a solution? I've told him to try in this order:

1. Reboot
    2. Force daily call
    3. Retry Guided Setup

checking at each stage if the clock problem is fixed or not. I've replaced the original ntpdate with the updated version mentioned here:
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread....1481#post11481
    I've added the new Auckland timezone file as well.

Also my friend tells me there's no guide data for TV1 or TV2 (the channels he's only just picked up witht he new headend) In CHeiftain's Mt Maunganui thread there was some mention that this just takes a few days to filter down to the Tivo. Will this rectify itself in a day or 2?

What do you get from running this command?

ntpdate -v 210.48.107.133

There is another post a couple down from the one you posted:
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showpost.ph...5&postcount=31

I'll forward the instruction on and let you know... thanks

ha I think the ntpdate command found the problem! here's the result...

oztivo ntpdate $revision: 1.21 $
    Our postcode is 02127. Found matching timezone Pacific/Aucklan
    Offset 0 for timezone GMT, daylight saving is 0
    connecting to time server 210.48.107.133
    setting the local time to Thu Apr 17 07:37:22 2008

seems like my friend might havbe missed the d off the end of Pacific/Auckland in his /etc/postcodezones file

CORRECTION... it appears that it's important to put a newline character at the end of the line you enter in /etc/postcodezones

Not having the newline appears to make ntpdate ignore the last character of the line. Presumably because it's assuming the last character in the line is a newline. Hence it's ignoring the d... I've tested this out on my Philips and get the same issue if I don't have a newline. I'm sure this isn't news on here but I'll add it to the Thomson HowTo if I ever get round to writing it!
    Last edited by BenMorgan; 17-04-2008 at 07:37 PM.

I read the last post and thought I'd try the ntp command and got the following:

[TiVo [p0] ~]# ntpdate -v 210.48.107.133
    [TiVo [p0] ~]# Time set to: Fri Apr 18 12:59:13 2008
    Have a nice day.
    Usage: /tvbin/settime [YYYYMMDDhhmm[ss]] [-rtc]

This differs from the information shown in the linked thread that catdog referred to, as pasted below:

oztivo ntpdate $revision: 1.21 $
    Our postcode is 02127. Found matching timezone Pacific/Aucklan
    Offset 0 for timezone GMT, daylight saving is 0
    connecting to time server 210.48.107.133
    setting the local time to Thu Apr 17 07:37:22 2008

Is this because the time on my Tivo was correct, or is it that I used settime to correct the time a couple of weeks ago?

Both other commands (dbget /Setup TimeZone and dbget /Setup DaylightSavingsPolicy) returned 0 as decribed.

could be because I replaced the ntpdate function with a newer one because my old one was timing out on the setup call... perhaps the new version returns more info?

Guys - I've split this thread off as its become less related to the new headend now.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

The new version does provide more info, it also handles multiple timeservers correctly, which the old didn't and caused issues. Also the list of timeservers used can be set by the emulator, so if one goes down it can be easily replaced remotely.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!