Thread: SkyV to Saturn TV Change

SkyV to Saturn TV Change

Hi,
    I'm about to change from Digital Sky TV to Digital Saturn TV and assume this should be a relatively easy process of rerunning Guided setup and away we go.
    But I want to check a few things;
    1 - Am I right - easy process?
    2 - Does the current software include the IR for the decoders Saturn use (sorry unsure what they will deliver me). FYI Software System: 3.0-01-1-000 (OzTivo 1.6.2-20061109)
    3 - Anything I can do prior to guided setup to ensure fewer problems?
    4 - I assume my Wish Lists and Season passes will not work after the chage so I need to redo these (assume a backup of these would be useless).

Appreciate any feedback on the above...

Also, someone said to me that Saturn TV doesn't allow you to watch a free to air while recording - I don't see how this would be any diferent from Sky, and I have a VHF aerial anyway and have no issue recording via Sky and watching something off free to air now - but appreciate any feedback from existing digital Saturn TV subscribers out there.

Thanks
    Neil
    Last edited by MrGadget; 16-04-2008 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Add signature
    US Philips HDR212 Series 1 Tivo, Cachecard with 512MB RAM, 320GB hard disk, OzTivo Image 1.6.2-20061109. Tivo rocks!
    New Zealand

No one with any thoughts at all?
    US Philips HDR212 Series 1 Tivo, Cachecard with 512MB RAM, 320GB hard disk, OzTivo Image 1.6.2-20061109. Tivo rocks!
    New Zealand

Being in Australia, I can't answer most of your questions.

#2 without knowing the box model, can't tell. The IR codes are not part of your software, but are downloaded from the NZ headend automatically. So you will always have the most recent codes. But this doesn't mean there is a code in the database.

#3 cant think of anything.

#4 both of your assumptions are correct.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Change to Saturn

I have a TiVo with Sky (dreambox) and a TiVo with FTA(vhf/uhf), so not certain. I've had a look at friends cable box setup before though and it looks simple.

1. and 3. You may run into problems with the change of postcodes (GS might stop at 10% indexing data). Personally I would reimage the drive.
    2. Obviously someone in NZ uses TiVo in conjunction with Saturn, so I would be quite surprised if the IR codes were no already in the database. If they are not I'd do a search for your cable box model number in the forums. You could try capturing the codes too.
    4. Have always reimaged when changing setup so don't know.

TV tuner is completely independant of Cable box.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

This from the emulator thread:

# Saturn analogue uses 'General Instruments 10006-fast'.
    # Saturn digital uses 'OzTivo Austar'

Hope that's some help.

Thanks for the info.
    Would prefer not to reimage if I can get away with it, but we'll see how I go.
    It's a waiting game until I get it installed - don't know what STB they will put in at this stage, so just in prep mode.
    Thanks for the info so far - appreciate any more from current Saturn Digital users....

Cheers
    Neil
    New Zealand