Thread: Hi DJC, Could you do a Mt Maunganui Headend

Hi DJC, Could you do a Mt Maunganui Headend

Could you please set up a FTA (Thomson) Headend for Mt Maunganui. TV1 and TV2 will be area specific, just for an area in the lee of the Mount, about eight blocks of houses that are in the shadow and cannot get TV1 & 2 from Te Aroha. The other stations would be common to Tauranga as well as the rest of the Mount. So, whether you want to call this Mt Maunganui North, to avoid potential confusion when all of the Mount residents get Tivos. Alternatively, they could beincluded with a Tauranga headend and users could delete unwanted channels in GS, I suppose.

Channels from TV and Vcr are:

TV1Channel 6 182.25MHz
    TV2 Channel 10 210.25MHz
    TV3 Channel 8 196.25MHz
    C4 Channel 11 217.25
    Prime Channel 58 767.25MHz
    Maori Channel 41 671.25MHz
    Trackside 62 799.25MHz

Channel Numbers are from a TV and a Vcr, frequencies are from the Lincrad site. Channel numbers vary between those noted on the TV and Vcr and the Lincrad site as mentioned in a prior post by Ben Morgan. That applies to Channels 1-4, where TV/Vcr channels are 1 higher than shown on Lincrad. Prime is correct in both and Maori and Trackside have been changed recently.
    If you'd like me to check or confirm anything, please advise.
    Last edited by Chieftain; 03-04-2008 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Miskeyed and sent in error

The option to create a Tauranga headend and delete channels is best, it means only one dataset is necessary

Can you give me a full run of the channels that would fit the entire area, as you say some channels will be disabled in certain areas.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Thanks for that, here goes:
    TV1 Channel 1 45.25Mhz Te Aroha
    TV1 Channel 6 182.25MHz Local
    TV2 Channel 3 62.25MHz Te Aroha
    TV2 Channel 10 210.25MHz
    TV3 Channel 8 196.25MHz
    C4 Channel 11 217.25
    Trackside 62 799.25MHz

I have some doubts about the TV1 and TV2 Signals from Te Aroha, I can pick up a ghostly TV1 on both channels 1 & 2 on my video but am unable to verify the TV2 signal at all. (The aerial is incompatible with the Te Aroha signal and pointed in almost the opposite direction.) I'll try to verify this with a TV tech tomorrow, time permitting. The TV1 and TV2 frequencies are what they're transmitted on from Te Aroha, from the Lincrad site and also from the http://spectrumonline.med.govt.nz/other-reports.html (RSM Site). However, both my Sony video and TV seem to have a channel offset of +1 on TV1,2,3 and C4.

So maybe if I can find a friendly tech tomorrow, I can sort this out, rather than create a problem that you'd need to spend extra time on to sort out. I'll post again tomorrow.

No probs, the frequencies in the headend can be tweaked easily let me know if you need further tweaks. I've established the setup now, it's part of the combined 02112 if you are running a US v3 software. Or postcode 02128 if you are on a Thomson UK unit.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite

Many thanks DJC, I'll try it shortly.

It's for a Thomson. Just out of interest, running FTA (Aerial Only) only at the moment, what happens later if I wish to combine with Sky Digital or Freeview DTT?

Simon
    Last edited by Chieftain; 06-04-2008 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Typo from Tivo tiredness

Limited success and a failure on getting hold of a technician, one not answering phone and other not available until Tuesday.

Based on the results of last night's effort, I'd like to try the following combinations, if that's convenient, please?

TV1 Channel 1 45.25Mhz Te Aroha
    TV1 Channel 5 182.25MHz Local
    TV2 Channel 3 62.25MHz Te Aroha
    TV2 Channel 9 210.25MHz Local
    TV3 Channel 7 196.25MHz
    C4 Channel 10 217.25
    Trackside 62 799.25MHz

So, changes are to:
    TV1 Channel 5 182.25MHz Local
    TV2 Channel 9 210.25MHz Local
    TV3 Channel 7 196.25MHz
    C4 Channel 10 217.25

The rest can stay as they are.

Thanks in anticipation.
    Simon

Just as a further query, the Tivo is not collecting any guide data and I get continual reminders of needing to do a daily call. However, the calls look to happen ok but still the machine says there is no guide data.

When I was using the Hamilton headend - 02125, although the channels weren't correct, it was still collecting guide data ok and was loaded until the 19/4. Do I need to do anything specific, having changed to the Tauranga Headend - 02128?

Any ideas, please?

An update to my last post. As of yesterday, I saw that there was guide data there until the 25th and today, until the 26th of the month. Definite progress. Is this likely to have occurred because of the repeated daily calls, or has someone done something?

However, reception is still not good as the channels are jumbled.
    Last edited by Chieftain; 13-04-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Clarification

Headend changes have been done. You should be able to verify the channels you actually need through your TV tuner. Data takes a day or two to filter through the system, in this case with channels moves it may take a bit of time to settle.

Thanks for that DJC. I'd already verified the channels and hopefully your actions will be a successful conclusion to this part of the Tivo Journey!

Perhaps the highest level for posters, such as you and the other helpful contributors could be to "Tivo Taonga"....

Once more many thanks for all the help I've received and that's to all concerned. I'm sure to need more but hope to get to a stage where I can reciprocate to others. If there's anything I can contribute to, please advise.