Thread: Updating, improving or adding Guide Data

Updating, improving or adding Guide Data

I often have free time in work while waiting for my computer to process something and I thought as I'm not a coder/hacker by any stretch of the imagination it'd be a good way for me to give something back... is there some way to do this and decent instructions on how to do it properly? I did notice an old thread pointing to a website but it dated originally from 2004 so I'm not sure a) if it's still in use and b) how the heck to use it!

You can update show information at:
    http://orac.caffeine.co.nz/shows/

As an arbitrary example, "ONE News At 4.30" has no description, and if you look on your tivo it says:
    ONE News At 4.30 - Contribute to the nzTiVo community, add a show description for 'ONE News At 4.30' to the community guide at http://orac.caffeine.co.nz/shows/

To update it, go to the web page and enter
    one news%
    into the second box and hit search.

The % is a wild card, so any shows named one news..... will show up. You can now select ONE News At 4.30 on TV1 from the list, and add a description in the large box on the right. I suggest leaving the "action" setting to the default IFBLANK - if a description already exists it will be used, or if there is none then the description you added will be used instead.

Finally hit the save button. The same method can be used to update existing descriptions. It will take a few days for the change to filter its way through the system before it shows up on your tivo, so don't be disappointed if it is not there immediately after the next daily call.

hmmm followed that link, it was working earlier today when I looked but now it's givin me this:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46 bytes) in /home/tivo/www/shows/libs/orac_ez_sql.php on line 341

Perhaps I crashed the server earlier?? Just lookign back at that old thread I searched the movie channels. Seems like someone got the same error searching the movie channels back then too.

Quote Originally Posted by BenMorgan View Post
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46 bytes) in /home/tivo/www/shows/libs/orac_ez_sql.php on line 341
    This should now be fixed, if anybody sees this again let me know.

Hey just having a look now. I looked up ER on Vibe. The line on the webpage says this:

257 Vibe ER

So on tv.com am I looking for episode 257 of ER? This one?

Split Decisions
    Episode Number: 257 Season Num: 12 First Aired: Thursday January 12, 2006 Prod Code: 2T6062

With Luka eager to get home, Clemente AWOL and Kerry temporarily off her feet, Dubenko volunteers to cover the ER briefly, but quickly becomes involved with a septic patient and her husband, who is unwilling to accept she will not improve. He soon finds himself at odds with both the ER and ICU staff over an appropriate course of treatment. Abby’s excitement over her pregnancy means no sleep for Luka, and they head out for a bit of early shopping, and some dressing-room fun. Neela gets surgery as an elective, but is shocked to learn that rather that finishing his training in the US, Michael plans to return to Iraq. Ray helps Zoe escape to live with her sister when she arrives in the ER after a beating by her father, and Pratt fakes a blood test to help Darnell avoid arrest.

Questions before I start screwing up the Guide!
    1. Have I figured out the episode correctly?
    2. Does the fact that this show appears in the list on the EPGx page because they have no description? So far all the ones I've clicked on lack anything in the Description Field
    3. Is there a Guide written up anywhere for how to add data without messing things up?