Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you set up a Waikanae Headend?

The headend has been updated with the new list of channels.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

thanks DJC... if that doesn't work I'm headed to my friends place one evening this week and I'll do the thing catdog suggested to track down exactly what the TiVo can pick up! It's a shame he doesn't live in town so I can't just sort it out at my place. Thanks for dealing with the hassle!
    Last edited by BenMorgan; 15-04-2008 at 07:58 AM.

hey DJC just to follow up, my friend can now pick up TV1 , TV2, TV3, Prime and the Maori channel. Thanks for settting that up. He's very happy!

Only thing is is his time is an hour out and we've definitely put in the new Auckland timezone file. I vaguely remember something about having to add a line to a file for a new postcode. We won't have done that yet. Could the lack of the line for the 02127 postcode be causing the time problem do you think?

A follow up to the Waikane Headend...

My friend still has no Guide Data downloading for TV1 and TV2 which were the 2 channels missing in the first headend we tried. He now receives the channels (on 9 and 3 respectively I think) but still nothing in the Guide Data and it's been well over a week now.

He only has 1 version of each channel in his lineup (though there are multiple TV1s and TV2s in the Waikanae Headend now. Any clues why this might be happening? Is this maybe something not working right at the emulator end?

Also with the multiple options for channels in the Waikanae Headend now I think from looking at lincrad that this channel lineup should now suit not just Waikanae but most, if not all of Kapiti/Horowhenua... Might be worth renaming in the long run?

It all looks to be right, I'm suspecting because of the restructure of channels half way through that there is probably a mismatch of fsid's internally.

I'm suggesting a clear and delete everything and re-run GS to start from scratch.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

ok I'll let him know... If he does that should the Guide Data for the channels come through on the first call (although obviously it takes 4-8 hours to collate)?

Still no Guide Data coming through for TV1 and TV2 apparently

When we had the original channel line up (with the incorrect channels for TV1 and TV2 set to 10 and 4) Guide Data came through but alas now they're on the correct channels still nothing.

Could this possibly be a fault of having multiple Channels in the head end all pointing to the same TV Station?

I'm planning on heading up the coast to have a look at it myself over the weekend, trying to do this via email is proving difficult, I think I need to see the unit in action myself!

If I'm unable to come up with a solution while I'm on site there do you think it would be possible to experiment with removing the redundant TV1s and TV2s from the headend and just leave the versions on Channel 9 and Channel 3? I'll be in touch and let you know how it goes this weekend but I am wondering if the multiple choices for TV1 and TV2 might be causing the issue?

Up at my friend's in Waikanae right now and here's what it looks like.

When we originally set up the Waikanae Headend we had incorrect channel numbers. Our first lineup looked like this:

TV1 - Channel 10
    TV2 - Channel 4
    TV3 - Channel 31
    Prime - Channel 62
    Maori - Channel 27

As far as I can tell the Guide Data still seems to be being sent on those channels.

When I add in all the available channels under the new lineup one of the options is TV1 on Channel 4. There's Guide Data on that channel (but none of the other TV1s or TV2s) however that Guide Data is for TV2 which was on Channel 4 in the original Channel Lineup. There's also no guide data showing up for Trackside. Basically we're only getting guide data on Channels 10,4,31,62 and 27 even though the Channel Lineup has been changed.

Does that sound like it's an issue on the server end?

EDIT: Have just put a new image on a new hard drive and getting the same issues with the programme guide. Getting Guide data for Maori, TV3 and Prime (which were the same channels in the original Channel lineup) but no Guide data for TV1, TV2 and Trackside (which were the channels that were updated in the new channel lineup).
    Last edited by BenMorgan; 04-05-2008 at 03:11 PM.