Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9thtee - buyer beware

9thtee - buyer beware

All,

I know that many on here have received good service from Mark @ 9thtee in the US, but I have received no goods or communication from him since he took my money over 3 weeks ago.
    There's a thread here;
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=383741
    If you want to deal with this company, for the time being my advice would be to tread carefully.

I have posted a warning to the oztivo mailing list, and on the wiki.

Please let us know how this turns out.

Unfortunately a few suppliers have turned bad in the past. X-factor disappeared with almost $1000 of my money for network cards in Dec 2005.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Wink trying to lighten the mood

just to lighten the mood i just bought a turbo net from 9thtee over xmas
    i ordered online and the're mailing address form is american orientated was not happy with ozzy details so i emailed him to check details.... only got one reply with minimal info but i was happy with that.

if you get the info wrong could be shipped to anywhere as they do not ship to your paypal address only the one on the form :-(

yes the card took about a whole month to arrive but it did arrive and all is well
    i would sugest be a bit more patient with american post

This guy john is friendly and still selling TurboNZet

Email: john dot mckirdy at paradise dot net dot nz

i would go with him as a preference
    Last edited by petestrash; 19-02-2008 at 09:59 PM.
    PHILIPS TiVo Series one w/160Gb, Turbonet, analogeFTA ,Telstra TBox, 1.6.2 image
    SONY TiVo Series one w/100Gb, Turbonet, analogeFTA ,foxtelSAT(its about to GO bye bye), 1.6.2 image
    Series 3 TIVOHD w/160Gb, with rip-off network pack :-(

I have a TurboNZet card on it's way from John

Re: patience with a supplier... I'm happy to be patient, but the supplier needs to communicate with his customers, not ignore. All Ihave been askign for is conformation of a dispatch date and tracking details nad have received nothing - not even PMs being opened.

I'll update once I get resolution on this; either receive the cachecard or get my money back.

email address

Vex thanks for the endorsement Can you please edit your post and put my email address in the form john dot mckirdy at paradise dot net dot nz so that the spam-bots are less likely to pick it up. Cheers.
    I will be posting on the forums regarding the cards once I actually get them (90 on Thursday supposedly) and have tested some. A few components got "lost" so that delayed the whole batch.

I have fixed the email link in message 3.

John Doesn't do cachecards, so not quite the same.

As I said before 9th tee have been a reliable source of parts for many years. Which is why OzTiVo recommends them as preferred supplier. But if there are issues now it's only fair warn potential customers.

Delays in postage are one thing, but not responding at all to direct queries for almost a month is not a good sign.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

To balance out this thread I contacted Mark, via the online form at 9th tee and few days later he replied.

I asked if there were troubles at 9th tee and was there a reason why people were complaining about lack of communication lately. His response follows:

Everything is great over here. Just slowing down on the communication a
    bit. Been TOO good on my customer service in the past and having to
    slow down a bit. Just too many emails to answer them all.

m
    At least I have received a response, how about you KT have you got any further?

Peter.

Nope - nothing - he's not even opened the PM's sent via Tivocommunity... I know that because I set a return receipt on them.
    Visa want me to wait 1 month after funds were taken before escalating it with them - that will be Wednesday.

I'm glad that his business is going well... but a simple email is not too much to ask for. His excuse however on the other forum was that he had personal issues... not quite the same message as he sent you
    Last edited by kt_nz; 29-02-2008 at 09:02 AM.

Fwiw, I paid for one on 22nd December 2007 and got notification of shipping on 30th December, including shipping reference details for checking. It arrived just over a week later. All was ok but I did feel that a little more communication headed my way would have been great and reassuring. I recall that their site says they ship Internationally on Saturday's, so that could affect things too. I sort of expected delays with it being Christmas etc.
    Perhaps if you asked about renting their condo you'd get a prompt response...

December was still fine, it's mid January that things seem to have gone wrong.

KT, have you heard anything further?

Peter.