Thread: Help required for a newbie

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help required for a newbie

Hello, new to Tivo and have a Thomson unit, with a 9th Tee cache card and ram. Have loaded "nzTiVo-Thomson-Installer-Dec06RC1.iso
    During Guided Setup, have selected following options:
    Aerial Only
    Post Code 02121
    Have got to call in section and it goes like this: Preparing to Call, Housekeeping, Connecting, Failed. Number not available.

Questions so far:
    I'm in Mt Maunganui and I know our TV signal comes from Auckland via Te Aroha, am I using the correct Postcode or do we actually get the Hamilton feed?
    Is any special config needed for the cache card or is it done in the Thomson image?
    I can ping both the Tivo on my network and also out to the NZ Emulator, so feel that the Tivo should be able to contact the emulator.
    Have checked the joe /etc/tclient.conf to confirm that it's pointed at: 127::210.48.107.133:8000:::

Tuesday 22nd: Have checked address for emulator again ( and again and...) and have also tried the emu2 address and also the legacy 80 port address. all to no avail.
    After more reading of the forums, have tried the ",#401" dialling prefix and still no joy.

Can you please suggest what to do next, or what I'm doing or have done wrong?

I like what I see here and I'd like to contribute in some way. Not too tech savvy but able to follow directions.

Thanks in anticipation
    Last edited by Chieftain; 22-01-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Added to description of problem.