Thread: HELP - moving from Saturn Analog to Digital

Unhappy HELP - moving from Saturn Analog to Digital

Hi,
    We just moved so I thought we should try moving from Saturn Ananlog to Digital.
    Was followed the "Redoing Guided Setup", and all seemed to be going well .....
    Until I tried the 2116 (Postcode for Saturn Digital), It did its "First Setup Call" and didn't find any Cable Providers.
    I checked the tclient.conf, and I am pointing at the correct server emulator127::210.48.107.133:8000:::
    I have running the setup from scratch, same thing.
    If I set the postcode to 2115 (Saturn Analog), its all fine, it can find Saturn Analog.
    Am on the 1.6.2 image.
    My only thoughts are my image is slightly broken, or the emulator hasnt got the Saturn Digital setup information for some reason.

Any ideas anyone?

I would prefer to avoid re-imaging as the tivo is full of unwatched stuff at the moment :-)

Thanks
    Peter

Changing post codes

I haven't set up a box with Saturn Digital Cable before, but 02116 looks like the correct code to me.

If you are using the NZ image did you choose "Cable" or "Satellite"? You should have chosen "Satellite" (Yes even for Telstra Cable) unless you are using the internal tuner or dual source.
    You say you are using 1.6.2 so that's the Oz image is it?

You should reimage the drive anyway, as in the past when I have tried changing postcodes, the GS gets stuck at 10% indexing.

Cheers,
    John

I'd guess that if I had chosen "Cable" rather than "Satellite" I wouldn't have gotten anything to work.
    But I can get Saturn Analog to work. Next time I have a play I will try Sky Digital to see If I can chose anything apart from my old configuration (Saturn Analog). As maybe the redoing the setup isnt working properly. In which case I'd guess reimage is the only answer.

Has anyone moved from Saturn Analog to Digital recently? successfully?

Cheers
    Peter.