Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call Failed Interrupted

Call Failed Interrupted

Hi,

I've been running my Tivo for over a year now and it's been running pretty well until the 14/12/07. I haven't been able to complete a daily call since then, I get a Call Failed. Interrupted message. The test daily call function works and I have been through the network troubleshooting guide with everything working.

Any Idea's? I remember there's a log somewhere to check but I can't seem to find the post regarding it.

Thanks Guys,

Vito

Quote Originally Posted by vmancini View Post

Any Idea's? I remember there's a log somewhere to check but I can't seem to find the post regarding it.
    Vito
    Use the following to get to the logs:
    ftp://YOURTIVOADDRESS/var/log

Thanks Wibble, do you know what I should be looking for with this problem I'm having?

Quote Originally Posted by vmancini View Post
    Thanks Wibble, do you know what I should be looking for with this problem I'm having?
    Not offhand, and I'm not familiar with the OZ guide data (I use the NZ )

You should start looking at the logs before and after the fault and see if you can spot any difference.

Also the 1st thing to check for general flackyness specially on an older setup is a failing disk.

Thanks Wibble,

I've read up some posts about disk's and how much havoc they cause when they start misbehaving and I think that could be the cause of this problem. Unfortunately, I've got no idea about how to check the disk and repair if necessary... the posts talk about unmounting the drive and running all these commands, what does this mean? Any clues on what to do? The family gets a little frustrated when things don't run smoothly and guess who's in the firing line...

Thanks again,

Vito

UPDATE: Guide Data working via manual upload

Hi,

just an update on what's happening with my Tivo. I followed the CameronJust howto on uploading the manual guide data and it worked but the weird thing is that when I went to put the downloaded files into /var/packages the files already existed. Minnie told me that it couldn't confirm that the files have been downloaded.

I uploaded the new files and within a few minutes it was working. Thanks CameronJust

Still can't do force daily call though, still the same response.

It seems like the problem is with one of the scripts that input the data, any suggestions?

Regards,

Vito Mancini

Who is your ISP, TPG have just added new proxies to some of their network causing calls to fail.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I'm with Optusnet ADSL. BTW i'm using guide data from NS02680 and NS02016 if that means anything.

Thanks,

Vito

Update:

I've been using the manualUpload script from CameronJust to upload the guide data. Now I've also been trying to force daily calls as well.

I downloaded the guide data as per instructions and went to upload them into tivo. I noticed there were .gz files in the tivo /var/packages directory. I then decided to run the manualUpload script with the files in the directory instead of uploading the other packages i downloaded and received this error:

gzip: NS02016_13861-13875.slice.gz: unexpected end of file
    ls: *.slice: No such file or directory
    [TiVo [p0] ~]#

I am starting to believe that NS02016_13861-13875.slice.gz is corrupt and is jamming the force daily call script as it is the first file showing up slice logs http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/myslices.pl as being "may be downloaded"

I've deleted all the packages and ran force daily call, it still failed and the fresh packages were in the /var/packages directory. I re-ran the manualUpload script and it still failed.

Since NS02016_13861-13875.slice.gz no longer is needed by my Tivo, can i modify an internal log to stop it from downloading it? There seems to be a log on minnie that may need to be changed as well.

What do you think of my idea?

Vito

You can safely load the next slice produced. We are unaware of any issues with NS02016_13861-13875.slice.gz and it's is a popular headend so others would have complained.

The real issue is why can't your TiVo make the daily call.

Try the proxy test I posted 4 Sep on the bottom of the BypassTransparentProxyServer wiki.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!