Thread: irSliceCreator Problems

irSliceCreator Problems

Hi,

I got my self a Nordmande KMDG-47 SD STB and there are not codes avalible for it, so I have to create my own.

I setup irSliceCreator and am able to capute a keypress (I tried 1) the problem is when I go to test code it says:

Select key to transmit: 1
    Trasmitting 1
    TiVo IR code header missing.

Does anyone know how to slove this problem?

is there an offical site or forum post for this utility?

Thanks.

Hi,

Ok an update on the above problem.

I tried captureing other codes and it seems that the above error is only present when you try to test key 1, it works fine for all other keys (2-0, enter).

Hi,

Looks like I narrowed down the problem and found a work around.

It seem a if the latest version of irSliceCreator does not properly create a code file (keyx.code) for key1 no matter what key you use on the remote.

So the obviouse workaround is to then capute your channel 1 key to key2 in the program and then modifiy the line that says "setIr $tivoir "Dig2"" to read "setIr $tivoir "Dig1"" and rename the file key2.code to key1.code.

After you do this you have to recaptue channel key 2 again to replace the "dummy" key 2 flie you created.

Simple enough

Anyone have a better solution or have the same problem?

Thought I'd join the conversation you were having with yourself

I haven't noticed the behavior you mentioned. But have been stuck capturing certain buttons before and could only resolve it by deleting the corrupted file and recapturing.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

irslicecreator problems with Tevion TSTB18

I've just purchased a Tevion TSTB18 STB from Aldi. The IR codes for Tevion didn't work during guided setup, so I've been attempting to use irslicecreator. I have successfully captured and tested all buttons except 1&2. I get the following message after transmitting 5 successful captures:

Got good code of length 3. Good Codes:5 Codes Required:5
    ./irslicecreator.sh: kill: (298) - No such pid
    Converting code...
    Storing code...
    Ir Slice Creator v0.9b by Brad McGill

Any clues out there?

PS I tried the work around of using another number to capture 1 or 2, but the same message appeared.

Sorry, been away.

Usually if you delete the corrupt files and reboot TiVo and try again it works.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!