Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freeview STB support/Ir Codes

Freeview STB support/Ir Codes

Does anyone know if the following http://www.freeviewshop.co.nz/strong...ver-p-155.html Freeview STB will work with my Tivo? In particular I would like to know if the STB IR Codes are supported?

You can find a list of the IR codes which have been uploaded by oztivo members here:
    http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/irdatabase.cgi

Given that there are already some entries for Strong, these might work straight away (SRT 4652 probably uses the same codes as the box you are looking at). If all else fails there are plenty of guides to capture the IR codes yourself.

thanks I have been told that the Strong 4651X and 4652 use the same Ir Codes which is in the Ir Code DB. So I am going to give this a try. freeviewshop.co.nz have said I can return the STB if I cant get it changing channels with the Tivo which is good.

I will let you all know how it goes.

Just following up on this. The Strong 4652 Tivo Ir codes do successfully work with the Strong 4651X Freeview STB. I can also recommend the freeviewshop.co.nz good service and helpful.

I am also told the Hyundai's 760A, Strong SRT4651X, Strong SRT4654X, Strong SRT4658X and Ultraplus 880 all use the same IR codes so will also work.

help!

hi - im confused.. I have just bought a strong 4651x to use with my Tivo (freshly imaged today and seems to be working) but I cant seem to get the IR blaster to work. How do I select the correct codes for the strong STB and can someone please tell me the right one to use?

thanks! cant wait to have it all running!!!

hi again, may have sorted it, am using STRONG OZTIVO, using the 30112 code-FAST, is that correct?? seems to be changing channels

I used the guide provided here: http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...FromIRDatabase and downloaded the Strong 4652 ir codes to use with the guide. Good luck with this.

cusp - yes that is exactly how you should do it, select STRONG during guided setup, then 30112.

tarx - you may run into problems later. The NZ emulator shares the same IR codes as the oztivo one, which during an update may overwrite the code you manually uploaded (depending on which cable box code number you are using). It is a much better idea to just select the code during guided setup.

Final Settings

catdog - thanks, good to know I got it right Before I got the Strong STB yesterday and managed to get it to work I was having issues with my Coship 2500 STB and the IR.. then the weirdest thing happened,while testing IR codes I lost ALL channels on my STB and and coudlnt get them back! It would see the satellite but couldnt scan any channels - I have yet to test this STB at another site but I think Ill stick with the STRONG STB now its all going..

For anyone interested, the only other things I did to get all up and running were:

1. Ran Daily Call from the Webgui, then left System alone for a few hours (about 5) to process

2. Did the Pacific Zone update:

http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1638

3. 'settime YYYYMMDDHHMMSS' via the Putty/commandline, then reboot.

Now I have what looks like correct EPG and time is right. I have scheduled some recordings and will know tonight when I get home if its all good!