Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guide Data Issue?

Ditto - whats changed ?

Hi, add me to those who's guide data runs out on Sunday.

Whats the common factor ? I'm on the new emulator & have recently updated my postcode zone file as per the daylight savings instructions.

Is it the server ? or something to do with the new file.

Dread

Same problem here, had lack of data before and after updating timezone file, so guessing unrelated.

Mine is the same. During the week there was no Disney channel info. Later in the week we found we didn't have any info after Sunday except TV3 News. Today there is some info for channels after Sunday but these have no program times so are unusable.

I appear to be in the same boat as far as Disney goes.

There are also one or 2 other channels that are showing up as "TBA"

Hopefully somebody will come up with an answer soon... [My 4yr old daughter is getting quite disturbed at her shows not being recorded]

Finally got around to setting up the UK TiVO which I brought with me when I moved to NZ. It is up and working with my Sky Digital box but it won't download any program data. It spends ages setting the clock and then downloads something which happens very quickly and then it says it succeeded but I still have no programme data

A temporary solution maybe...

Hi all,

I've just manually downloaded the slice from http://orac.caffeine.co.nz/slice/nzdev.slice and ftp'd it up to the TiVo (/var/log is a good location). Then I typed in 'dbload30.tcl nzdev.slice' and when that finished 'force_index30.tcl'. I now see lovely green # from Tues on in TivoWebPlus in the guide data checker for some of the channels, so it's looking more promising for me. Of course force index hasn't finished yet, so I'm hopeful the rest of the channels will come along soon.

One downside - still don't appear to have anything for Monday though...

Glad I could find that script that I used to have to run to manually grab the slice every day!!!

Hope this helps someone else...

Here's another option for getting the slice and applying it. Type the following commands from your TiVo telnet session
    cd /var/log
    rm -f nzdev.slice
    wget 210.48.107.133/slice/nzdev.slice
    dbload30.tcl nzdev.slice
    force_index30.tcl
    Last edited by redted; 23-09-2007 at 07:59 AM. Reason: A slightly better option for getting the slice

Temporary solution worked

thanks Redted

Your second option worked a treat - though nothing until Tuesday.

The dbload30.tcl nzdev.slice took a good 30 minutes to process, but the force index was almost instant.

I'm running nzTivo image 1.5 - in case anyone else has a similar setup, to find a common cause. Wonder if the emulator port has been blocked, or similar - hmm

Dieter

Yes, first option worked for me too - just nothing for Monday (a few Manual recordings now scheduled to fix that...)
    FYI I'm running 1.6.2 with the Daylight Savings update applied.
    US Philips HDR212 Series 1 Tivo, Cachecard with 512MB RAM, 320GB hard disk, OzTivo Image 1.6.2-20061109. Tivo rocks!
    New Zealand

I've just had a quick look and I think that our problem may stem from the fact that the normal slice is just 1 byte long...

Here's hoping that the slices are compatible at the moment, and if they're not, you might all regret loading the dev one instead

But ...

I notice that the guide is out for some channels - SkySports channels show Juice and J2 data - wasn't this the old Sky TV channel arrangement ? And nothing for Nat Geo, Discovery, Crime Scene and History channels ..