Thread: Stuck on No Cable Providers

Stuck on No Cable Providers

Hi I have done a Pal Tuner Mod for my Tivo. I have Reinstalled it with the latest NZ Tivo Image but I am going around in circles. I run through the Setup and select Cable only. I use the Zip code 02112 like the setup says here http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/FTA_GS . I have modified my tclient.conf to read
    127::210.48.107.133:8000:::
    and saved and restarted the tivo before running the guided setup. I get all the way through the Guided setup where you say no to the Cable Setup Box and I then get another page saying No Cable Providers which then takes me back to the start where I enter the Zip Code again. Am I going crazy, I have done the setup about 10 times. I am sure I am doing something wrong. Any ideas.

Cheers

Tim

I can't see anything wrong with what you are doing. Perhaps you could try a different postcode depending on where you are, e.g. 02121 for Auckland http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=912

A side note, you might want to put your location in your profile so that it is clear you are not in Australia.

Yeah I just tried 02113 and it went through ok. I will try that post code you suggested. Thanks

Just tried the 02121 and it didn't work. I only chose cable and area code 002. Have only a coax cable plugged into the new tuner. I'm lost...

I moved this thread as it is NZ specific.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I would suggest you clear the drive (either "clear and delete all" from the tivo menu, or just reimage it in a PC) and try again.

Smile

Ok, I have reinstalled the Tivo from scratch and everything went prefect. Only had to go into the cli to run the palmod.conf to change the area to NZ and all the channel started working perfect. Issue Solved. Thanks for everyones posts.