Thread: Tivo restarting in Guided Setup

Unhappy Tivo restarting in Guided Setup

Working through guided setup (NZTivo) and all goong fine until I get to the connection selection at the end of setup and the Tivo restarts all on it's own. it then restarts in maintenance mode and get as far as selecting sky digital and then restarts again.

Anyone have any Ideas?

I'm not familiar with the NZTiVo setup routine, but I have moved your question to the NZ specific area where you should have more luck in getting a response.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thats not normal NZTiVo setup behavior. Can you tell us which image you have downloaded and installed? Is this on a Philips Series 1? There is no automatic restarts during Guided Setup.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by Doof View Post
    Working through guided setup (NZTivo) and all goong fine until I get to the connection selection at the end of setup and the Tivo restarts all on it's own.
    Sounds to me like it is failing the detection of the MPEG encoder hardware which can cause a TiVo to reboot on trying to pick connection settings.

If you have access to an already set up TiVo then put this hard disk into the suspect TiVo and see if the TiVo can boot as far as the main menu. If it does then post your kernel log here for further analysis. If it reboots on this hard disk just before the animated startup sequence then you have a definite hardware fault.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!