Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Daily call fails - service unavailable

gley,

aaNet have been as helpful as we can in relation to your issue - however you seem not to understand what we are saying.

1. You had a problem with TiVo and asked to be removed from the Transproxy.
    2. aaNet granted your request - and you were assigned an IP address that is part of the non-intercept list.
    3. You still experienced problems with your TiVo and asked our support team
    4. Our support team provided you technical advice in relation to your data(tcptrace, etc).
    5. You stated to us that when you set a proxy in the TiVo config, it works.
    6. Evidently the issue is not with our proxy clusters, and never has been.

You are a clean direct connect to the internet - there is nothing aaNet is doing that can prevent you from being able to access any site, HTTP or otherwise.

You need to investigate other reasons why your system is not working - but that is not something that we can help you with. We provide an internet connection - not a TiVo support service. If you feel you need to find another provider to resolve your issue then that is your choice.

Jason

I wonder if Jason read anything else here...

I don't fully understand all the techical stuff here, but I know this: my TiVo suddenly stopped working with no changes made at my end. My TiVo and router worked when tested at a friend's house on their (non aaNet) ADSL connection. So how can aaNet continue to claim it's "not their end"? Maybe they're right and I just "don't understand". Here's a little more of their helpful dialogue.

"You need to investigate other reasons why your system is not working - but that is not something that we can help you with. We provide an internet connection - not a TiVo support service. If you feel you need to find another provider to resolve your issue then that is your choice."

You can be assured I'll be doing just that.

Perhaps a PM to Jason, if he is involved with aaNet.

The only reason the TiVo stopped working was they changed the cache server (that you are not supposed to be using anyway) so the name in our bypass area was wrong.

If you are direct you should not be going to any of the pooled cache servers.

Unfortunately aaNet still do not seem to understand the problem.

They have told you that you are now direct, but you had problems only when they changed proxy servers. When you reconfigured for that server it worked again.

It is obvious to everyone, but them that you are still being proxied regardless of what they claim.

I don't have any solution for you other then what I have said a couple of posts up.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

So here's how I resolved the problem permanently: dumped aaNet.

I wouldn't really be too upset with them if not for the arrogant and dismissive tone of their "support" (which really just amounted to repeating the same thing over and over while ignoring my questions). The TiVo works just fine now (via Netspace) and I even get a news server. So, to borrow from Jason's point #6, "Evidently the issue is with aaNet's proxy clusters, and always was".

Darren, you were right on the money!

Thanks again for your help, Peter.

Geoff