Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Failed while loading series.' Error on Setup Call

'Failed while loading series.' Error on Setup Call

I'm have been trying to reinstall a UK Tivo after it had a HDD problem.

Now I cannot get past the Setup Call screen. I get the following error message at the importing step :

'Failed while loading series.'

I have tried many times and always get this error. Note that the importing does count up, and usually to around 90% and fails, but this varies.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I should look at. Is there a problem with the HDD?

Thanks

Post your tclient.log file here

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Since creating this thread, I've tried many things but still no success.

First, I tried installing the latest Phillips Oztivo image to the UK TiVo, and whilst this worked well and I was able to complete calls and download data, I couldn't get it into RGB mode. I had to give up on this option as my Digital TV box would not output s-video (and I really wanted Scart RGB anyway).

Now I have tried again, and in the process I've even replaced the harddrive. However I am still getting failures in the first Setup Call screen during the data load process (i.e. after the call completes).

Strangely enough, I have used the exact same procedures several times to get my TiVo working previously, however this time no-go. I am starting to suspect that the size of the Hard Drive (300Gb) might be something to do with it.

I am using a UK Tivo (PVR10UK, with Seagate 300Gb HDD, Cachecard (now using latest drivers) 2.5.5 oztivo image and the following command to restore the image:

mfsrestore -s511 -r4 -xzpi /mnt/c/
    pvr10uk.255.oztivo_emulator.release1.3beta /dev/hdc

I am attaching a zip file with the log files from the /var/log directory (but I cannot find any tclinet.log file?) I've had a look at the logs, and whilst I can see a quite a few things reported, I can't trace anything back to any actions I should take.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by Dave Hatt; 30-05-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Ok, I've tried a full reinstall, but still the same problem. Here is what I am doing:

1. Deleted all partitions using pdisk
    2. Booted from Oztivo image CD.
    3. Restored UK image using command:
    mfsrestore -s511 -r4 -xzpi /mnt/c/pvr10uk.255.oztivo_emulator.release1.3beta /dev/hdc
    4. Put drive in TiVo temporarily to format HDC9
    5. Added latest cachecard drivers (have cachecard, but no RAM chip, not that I think this is the problem)
    6. Put drive back into TiVo, set up swap drive:
    mkswap -v1 /dev/hda8
    swapon -a
    7. Go through guided setup, configure network settings ,#401 etc
    8. Try first call home. Downloads data, indexes and fails after it reaches 100%. Tried a few more times, but no different.

Here are the latest logs.

Last edited by Dave Hatt; 30-05-2009 at 02:03 PM.

There used to be some issues with using the native cachecard installer as buggers up portions of the Oztivo files.

Have you tried without updating the drivers?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I was wondering about that, and I can't rule it out. I have tried two versions of the drivers, including a version that I have used twice before with success on UK Tivos. The problem is there are no cachecard drivers on the UK Oztivo image natively and I don't know how to make the first call home without having the cachecard working. Is there something I should look for here?

Another thought I am considering is that the failure is something to do with free memory when indexing the mfs database. It seems to load 100% of the data and then fail. I wonder if my swap partition is not working correctly (e.g. not formatted properly) or if not having RAM in the cachecard is causing some sort of memory problem at this step.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hatt View Post
    or if not having RAM in the cachecard is causing some sort of memory problem at this step.
    The RAM in the cachecard is only used for the "now playing" recorded programs list. Nothing more. Cachecards work without any RAM just as a network card without any issues.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

As Darren has said having no ram is not an issue, but also means there is no benefit using a cachecard.

I was unaware that their were no cachecard drivers at all on the UK image. Currently no one is looking after that image and it has not been updated for a long time.

Are you in a position to setup the TiVo to use PPPonDSS for guided setup, and then we can try and install the cachecard drivers manually once the TiVo is running normally.

Peter.

I believe I can try PPPonDSS for guided setup as my ISP is one of the supported ones (Optusnet) and I know my way around the bash prompt enough.

There are a few other things I might try too, including lifting a Turbonet card out of one of my other TiVos.

Will report the results back in a couple of days when I get a chance to try things.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the suggestions.

Dave,

I think you are getting PPPonDSS confused with using the internal modem.

PPPonDSS uses your existing ADSL/Cable connection, via a PC.

See here.

Peter