Thread: nz tivo wiki outdated

nz tivo wiki outdated

Hi guys,

I just wanted to say I am also all for a FTA guide. And grant, I am also trying to get my channels sorted in Christchurch. I can certainly comiserate with finethen's frustraions, but totally agree with Grant:

The Forum should be for working through ideas/problems.
    The Wiki should be for final solutions (linking back to the wiki so that people can see the source of the info and check for updates).

Oh, and so that there are not assumptions of prior knowledge, the NZ wiki is at www.nztivo.net
    And before someone suggests "go ahead and do it yourself", I have probably contributed most the last 50 changes to the wiki at a guess. I am currently trying to identify which image is the best to use (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1596).

US Phillips HDR112 TIVO, TurboNet, PAL Tuner, 80gb HDD. Work, Fun.

Umm Hi, you are replying to an almost 3 year old post, a LOT has changed since those days and everything is almost fully automatic.

What TiVO do you have US or UK?
    Download the appropriate NZ Image from here
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1167

And follow this for http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=959 setup help.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by NoSignal View Post
    And before someone suggests "go ahead and do it yourself", I have probably contributed most the last 50 changes to the wiki at a guess.
    Keep up the good work, we've all put alot of work into the community, thats what its all about.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSignal View Post
    I am currently trying to identify which image is the best to use (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1596).
    Yep, good, but remeber the NZ image makers have not yet updated to track the 1.6 images, so in terms of emulator postcode tracking and so on, the recommendation is for NZ users to stay with the provided images.

Especially since there will likely be some significant additions/changes with the introduction of freeview terrestrial.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Quote Originally Posted by jaidev View Post
    Umm Hi, you are replying to an almost 3 year old post, a LOT has changed since those days and everything is almost fully automatic.
    DOH! Dunno how I stumbled onto this post

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    Yep, good, but remeber the NZ image makers have not yet updated to track the 1.6 images, so in terms of emulator postcode tracking and so on, the recommendation is for NZ users to stay with the provided images.

Especially since there will likely be some significant additions/changes with the introduction of freeview terrestrial.
    Understandable. However, I've just posted at http://forums.oztivo.net/showpost.ph...4&postcount=15 that ozTivo 1.6.2 works fine if you use 02112.

My motivation was that the ozTivo image seems to have so many concessions for NZ now that it hardly seems necessary for people to go to the extra effort of making a NZ version. Wouldn't that extra effort be better put into helping with slight tweaks to the ozTivo image (maybe I'm just naive). In addition, I'd always prefer to use an image that is 1 year younger, with quite a few new bug fixes, given a choice...

Good point re: freeview. Not an issue for me for a few years - my analogue signal is fine and I don't need its EPGuide (having tivo and all).

I have moved this thread off the 3 year old thread it was attached to, as it wasn't really relevent/current.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!