Thread: Thanks to All

Thanks to All

As a TiVo user of two years I want to thank all those responsible for the help they have given me over those two years and congratulations to those responsible for the latest images, installation is seamless and instead of two or three nights of frustration and interpretation of threads as with my first foray into the world of Linux setup is a breeze. and ................

just one thing, I have a conflict on both my Philips Tivos with FTA Prime, I run both built in tuners as pass throughs. Can this only be solved when imaging the disc by changing the RF output?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finethen View Post
    just one thing, I have a conflict on both my Philips Tivos with FTA Prime, I run both built in tuners as pass throughs. Can this only be solved when imaging the disc by changing the RF output?
    Thanks
    The RF channel can be changed by running the palmod_config utility after imaging (once it's running in the tivo), however, when I try the palmod_config utility, it doesn't seem to work correctly (might be my terminal settings, page doesn't get repainted correctly), therefore, I just edit the /etc/palmod.conf file directly.

The entry that controls the output channel is rf_out=nn, where nn is the channel you wish to use. This entry was between the h_shift and the l_delay entries in my file (not sure if it makes a difference).

Not sure if you can turn the rf out off completely (rf_out=00) ? doesn't sound like that is what you want to do though...
    Last edited by DOlsen; 16-08-2007 at 06:46 AM. Reason: typo / spelling

Thanks no, pass through is ok and keeps the cables tidy but I may run it with a splitter instead, looks like a re-image is necessary as I changed the time and the little ... machine won't boot properly