Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christchurch Headend / post code problems

Christchurch Headend / post code problems

Hi, I have just reimaged my drive and can't get the correct postcode/headend to set up for Christchurch,

1) The FTA channels are not mapping correctly, ch2 is showing tv3, prime is not tuning in at all etc, I know I can remap via channelmap but this has not been a permanent solution in the past, requiring frequent remapping so would rather get it setup right in the headend, am I missing something?

2) I have added a STB ok, but How do I add Aurora ( SBS/Ch7) - I have SBS/Ch7 reception working fine from the stb on TV so its just getting into the tivo is the challenge now, has someone solved it ?

Its a PAL Mod'ed S1 Philips Tivo, set up for Chch FTA plus feed the STB via the AV inputs to provide Freeview & Aurora.

advice please?

thanks.
    Last edited by Grant; 14-08-2007 at 01:57 PM. Reason: solved fta antenna=cable, corrected S1 not S2,duh!

Just checking, I have not seen a PAL Mod'ed S2 TiVo. Are you sure it's not an S1?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Hi, I have just reimaged my drive and can't get the correct postcode/headend to set up for Christchurch,

1) The FTA channels are not mapping correctly, ch2 is showing tv3, prime is not tuning in at all etc, I know I can remap via channelmap but this has not been a permanent solution in the past, requiring frequent remapping so would rather get it setup right in the headend, am I missing something?
    As for the remapping, there is a nation wide fta postcode (02120) that has been set up to have the correct order of the fta channels without remapping.
    Details of it are detailed in this thread.
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1537

This has worked for me to avoid the remapping when the lineup changes.
    To use it, just override the frequency the pal tuner uses using the palmod utility (or, just edit the config file) to set the frequency to match your local broadcast frequency.

I would assume that this postcode will co-exist with the freeview postcode, but, I don't have freeview as I have a very good signal off air, and, I don't need the epg - due to owning the Tivo

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    Just checking, I have not seen a PAL Mod'ed S2 TiVo. Are you sure it's not an S1?

Peter.
    Duh!.. yes its a S1.. this keyboard needs a better operator..

ok, thanks, I'll get reading this evening..

Grant, what image are you using?

US Phillips HDR112 TIVO, TurboNet, PAL Tuner, 80gb HDD. Work, Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DOlsen View Post
    As for the remapping, there is a nation wide fta postcode (02120) that has been set up to have the correct order of the fta channels without remapping.
    To use it, just override the frequency the pal tuner uses using the palmod utility (or, just edit the config file) to set the frequency to match your local broadcast frequency.
    DOlsen, could you just clarify that? I know I have to use PalMod -> (3, 3, 2, 7, 5.) to select the NZ frequency table. Is this what you mean, or is there another palmod setting I should change?

Also, to use this postcode, a relevant quote from http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1537&page=2:
    "don't forget to add the new postcode to /etc/postcodezones or else you will get the clock warped issue...."

Quote Originally Posted by NoSignal View Post
    DOlsen, could you just clarify that? I know I have to use PalMod -> (3, 3, 2, 7, 5.) to select the NZ frequency table. Is this what you mean, or is there another palmod setting I should change?
    I was meaning the fine tuning parameter to match the local broadcast frequency of the channels, using the palmod_config program, or, just editing the /etc/palmod.conf file directly.
    I.e. My config file has the following in it (Wellington frequencies)
    f_tune="2:182250,3:224250,4:55250,5:783250,6:65525 0,7:751250,8:623250"

As for the postcodes file,
    ensure /etc/postcodezones file has the line

02120 Pacific/Auckland

in it, or, you will eventually have a clock warped issue (your season passes will no longer work)

I thought I would give this a go with ozTivo 1.6.2. I think it has worked, but the channels are not working (to be expected at this stage).

Quote Originally Posted by DOlsen View Post
    I was meaning the fine tuning parameter to match the local broadcast frequency of the channels
    Cool, I think I can do that. The only problem is that I don't know the christchurch frequencies. I did a search, but drew a blank. Is there a list somewhere of the channels and the frequencies for each NZ city? I do no the channels in Christchurch, but I don't think that will do me much good:

Using Postcode 02112, the christchurch FTA frequencies and channels are:
    TV1 = 3
    TV3 = 6
    TV2 = 8
    C4 = 11
    AM = 39 ( amateur TV hackers..)
    CTV = 44
    Maori = 46
    VTV = 52
    CTV = 53 (no signal for me)
    Prime = 62
    NOTE: 42 = Something. Not sure, but Watermarked "Arirang" and "Korean Global TV"

I wish I had taken a note of the freq's before I reimaged, but I could not find them - great to know they are in palmod.conf