Dear all,
For a long time, I trying to learn how to convert my Tivo to PAL-N (the Argentinean Standard), The Australian Pal mod is not good for me becouse it's PAL-B.
My Sony SVR-2000 has a factory Tunner TMDH2-A08A (NTSC, ofcourse) and in my search for conversion, I came acrosss a PAL tunner TMDH2-A38A (PAL-N/Nc, the Argentinean standard)

Uppond external examination they both look identically.

I could not find a datasheet for the A38A, but the CURRENT CIRCUIT reports the following pinout:
Code:
1    +5v        (but this pin does not exist, meaning that looks as if it was cut inside)
2    A IN        
3    SDA
4    +5V
5    SCL
6    V IN
7    +30V     (but this pin does not exist, meaning that looks as if it was cut inside)
8    AGC      (but this pin does not exist, meaning that looks as if it was cut inside)
10    AS
11    SCL
12    SDA
13                (pin exists, but it's not connected)
14    +5V
15                (pin exists, but it's not connected)
16    +30V
17                    (but this pin does not exist, meaning that looks as if it was cut inside)
18    IF OUT    (but this pin does not exist, meaning that looks as if it was cut inside)
19    SW1        (but this pin does not exist, meaning that looks as if it was cut inside)
20    SW2        (but this pin does not exist, meaning that looks as if it was cut inside)
21    A OUT
22    NC
23    AFT
24    V OUT

Looks to me like a extremly close match to the original one.

The only "diferences" I can find with the A08A are:

Code:
            Pin            A08A                A38A
            3               CH.SW              SDA
            4               MB                    +5V
            5               Control              SCL

If i'm not mistaken (based on the notes on TunerModALPSHowTo) this pins are exactly the same function in both of this modules.

So, if i'm not mistaken, I've found a drop-in replacement for my original tunner.

Question 1: Do you agree ??? or is there something I'm missing ???

Further more, since this Sony unit had the ALPS tunner from factory, and it's the same tunner family (TMDH2), I hope that this 2 units will have the same command codes and will need no Palmod.
Or in the worst case scenario it would just be the frecuency adjustment for the local (PAL-Nc) channels.

Question 2: Do you think I'm hopping for too much ???

Please let me know, what you think ... before I spend the money to get someone do the switch

Thanks a lot to all in Advance !!!!

PS: In case some one is interested, I found the module in my own STB, after it stop working and I opened to find out why (the power supply died). The brand is NOGAnet and it's made in china.