Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foxtel Digital Sat

Exclamation Foxtel Digital Sat

Hi all,
    I bought an S1 TiVo about a week ago, and thanks to Darren and Peter I've been able to set it up correctly....well almost. I am on Foxtel satellite, and I'm having issues with the IR codes for my satellite box (DSN 720).

I have found a set of codes that do change the foxtel channel but only the last 2 digits of the required 3 get changed, so i'm always getting the channel unavailable sign on the foxtel box.

Any ideas?
    This is the last hurdle for my TiVo to get over!

Can anyone confirm the placement of IR blaster? I have currently one leg under the STB and the other one next to the TiVo, my stb and tivo are individually placed in their own compartment.

The IR blaster only needs face the STB, just hide the other one somewhere (not in front of the TiVo).

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Or simply place both of them in front of the STB.

Regarding the 2/3 digit issue, did you pick 2 digit or 3 digit sending in the IR setup? It is one of the options you should have after picking the IR code you wish to use to control the STB. It would also be nice to know what code you did choose too.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Thanks Peter, here's a link I found http://www.uk.tivo.com/i/3.0/3.1.ir_boxes.gif
    I will try both methos (one IR & 2 IRs near the infrared)

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    Or simply place both of them in front of the STB.

Regarding the 2/3 digit issue, did you pick 2 digit or 3 digit sending in the IR setup? It is one of the options you should have after picking the IR code you wish to use to control the STB. It would also be nice to know what code you did choose too.
    How do you choose the digits?, I went through the menu set up, but all it asked me was to press channell up/down 15 times or so to see if it changed channels. I don't remember an option...did I miss something?

what I did notice was that the more I pressed the it would tart changing from 00x, then 0xx then xxx on the foxtel display.

Quote Originally Posted by palmag View Post
    I don't remember an option...did I miss something?
    Yes you did, before you test various codes it would have asked you if your box uses 2 or 3 digits, it then asks you if it is necessary to press an Enter button when changing channels.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Quote Originally Posted by Skolink View Post
    Yes you did, before you test various codes it would have asked you if your box uses 2 or 3 digits, it then asks you if it is necessary to press an Enter button when changing channels.
    I put my S1 in service mode last night and went through the IR codes again, I noted every option, and there was no option to choose the digits on the set-top-box, it only had a couple of screens with the "press select to continue" option only before it took me to the "do you have to press enter at the end of channel selection"

To get to the digit selection screen do I need to run SG from scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by palmag View Post
    To get to the digit selection screen do I need to run SG from scratch?
    GS (guided setup) is pretty much done from scratch when you put the TiVo into Maintenance Mode. The previous options are retained from the last GS but these can be changed as you run through the screens.

Exactly what type of Foxtel service are you selecting from the list?
    Darren King

Hi Darren,
    I am selecting foxtel oztivo for the codes.
    The first PACE code works aswell.

The problem is that as I press he chan button on the tivo remote, it changes the intigers on the foxtel box, not the actual channel. so for tivo ch 1, i get 001 on the foxtel box... which inherently gives me a "channel not available"

That is what's supposed to happen. If the TiVo banner on your TV screen says that the TiVo is picking channel number 1 then by default the TiVo will be transmitting a 1 to your Foxtel box, and there should be absolutely no reason the change that.

Again, I ask what type of Foxtel service did you pick while doing Guided Setup. I do not mean what type of set top box you picked. The type of service you select is in guided setup way before you get to what type of IR code you select.

For example, did you pick "Foxtel Satellite" or did you pick "Foxtel Digital Satellite". There is a difference and the problem you describe leads me to think you picked "Foxtel Satellite" and not "Foxtel Digital Satellite", because if you picked Foxtel Digital Satellite your first channel should be 100 and not 1. The fact your TiVo is even showing a channel 1 kind of gives that away.
    Last edited by Darren King; 26-07-2008 at 02:23 PM.
    Darren King