Thread: What version of tivo software is in ozTiVo_installer_Sony_1.6.2_20061106.iso?

What version of tivo software is in ozTiVo_installer_Sony_1.6.2_20061106.iso?

Is it safe for me to assume that the file ozTiVo_installer_Sony_1.6.2_20061106.iso is running version 1.6.2 of the tivo software? If so would anyone have an unmodified version of the Tivo image (as it shipped in the US)? Any version 1.x would be fine.

Both the Sony and Philips 1.6.2 images we use are based on the last S1 TiVo software V3.0-01-1-000.

The 1.6.2 numbering is purely our own and has no connection to TiVo software numbering.

From memory we first started hacking v2.0, so I think it would be unlikely any members have 1.x software.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I have found a copy of the original version 1.3 software image and would be glad to share with anyone who wanted a copy. Its from a Phillips 312 with 30gb drive. Compressed size is 320mb, uncompressed size 350mb (no recordings)

That said does anyone have a virgin image from version 2?

I don't, I stupidly destroyed old versions as the new one proved to be stable to avoid confusion. Even old oztivo one's.

But I'll ask around some others who don't visit here.

What are looking at with these old images?

Peter.

PS Do you know there is an image begging thread on DealDatabase, not sure if it's still alive though.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I've never had luck with the image begging threads on either TCF or DDB.

Just to note I now have an image from an SVR-2000 and an HDR312 both with version 1.3 software. The Sony image is around 850mb!