Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting nzTivo Thomson Dec06 RC1 image & Turbonet Card working

Quote Originally Posted by fairyland View Post
    Booted with drive in PC & was able to execute the NETWORK setup properly - set DHCP and left 'oztivo' as the domain name. Selected the correct drive to image to (only one) and left the SWAP size at the default (127).
    I'm not entirely sure if it makes a difference, but I believe you need to image the drive THEN configure the network. At least that is the order I have always done it.
    Last edited by catdog; 24-05-2007 at 06:36 AM.

Thumbs up

Thanks catdog... i believe that did it.

My assumption was the process of imaging the drive required 'configuring the image' and then 'imaging the drive'. But what I didn't realise is the network configuration writes directly to the drive, overwriting the imaged configuration.

Of course, from there it was all straightforward. The Tivo IP showed up in the DHCP Client list and I was able to telnet and setup a static IP.

Not sure if I can edit the oztivo wiki but this section http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...the_Install_CD could perhaps reflect the order of configuration is important?

big thank you to all

Glad to see that it sorted it The installer is designed so that you start at the top and work your way down the menu, but yes I agree that it might not be that obvious the first time you use it.

'No Channel Data'

ok, the guided setup is giving me hassles. I've tried a number of combinations and in most cases I get 'No Channel Data' after the initial call, sometimes 'No Service Provider'. The 'No Channel Data' screen offers 'Press SELECT to continue' but upon doing so appears to lockup with a blank blue background (no text / tivo logo). Pressing SELECT again gives me the 'No Channel Data' screen.

Or is this normal? Should I just be patient

I've been through most relevant things on this thread:
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1160

tested:

- with & without emu proxy IPs ( 127::127.0.0.1:8000::: / 127::210.48.107.133:8888::: )
    - aerial only, aerial + digital satellite, aerial + digital/digital terrestrial
    - 02112, 02121 postcodes (both in postcodezones file)
    - ,#401 Dial Prefix, Call Waiting Prefix (none), Tone, 'Phone Avail' Detection (none), Dial Tone Detection (none)

WAN connection appears to be fine - a PING to Google from Tivo returns OK

Quote Originally Posted by fairyland View Post
    The 'No Channel Data' screen offers 'Press SELECT to continue' but upon doing so appears to lockup with a blank blue background (no text / tivo logo). Pressing SELECT again gives me the 'No Channel Data' screen.

Or is this normal? Should I just be patient
    I have also found this on the UK image - it is a bug since it should take you back to an earlier screen to change your postcode. The only way I found to get out of it is to reboot the tivo (and remember the option I tried so that I don't do it again!).

I believe the line in tclientUK.conf
    Code:
    127::210.48.107.133:8888:::
    is incorrect, and you should be on port 8000 not 8888 to use the standard emulator. Since it sounds like you are connecting through emuproxy ok, I'd just stick with that.

I'm pretty sure 'Aerial + Digital Satellite' on 02112 should work - I have not tried 02121.