Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time an hour out

Time an hour out

It appears that since daylight savings time stopped the time on my TiVo (Thompson, RC1 image) has been an hour out - I didn't notice until recently because the guide data is similarly transposed, so everything has been recording just fine. I've tried both a reboot and a power off, but neither make any difference. Any clues?

Have you tried running "fixtivotime " from the command window?
    David Hingston, Wellington, NZ
    Thomson TiVo, Cachecard 512MB, Samsung 300G, TWP 1.3.1
    Thomson TiVo, Cachecard 512MB, Seagate 320G, TWP 1.3.1
    Thomson TiVo, Cachecard 512MB, Seagate 320G, TWP 2.1 beta

Quote Originally Posted by TimesOwn View Post
    Have you tried running "fixtivotime " from the command window?
    No, I hadn't....
    But I have now - It found an NTP server on second try but the problem still remains.
    Incidentally, date on the console shows the correct time, and did before I ran fixtivotime (I thought a before & after might be useful...) but the UI still shows the wrong time.

What result do you show when trying
    /bin/ntpdate -vb 132.163.4.103

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Normally if you change the time you need to reboot once or twice before it changes it properly in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    What result do you show when trying
    /bin/ntpdate -vb 132.163.4.103

Peter.
    [TiVo [p0] ~]# /bin/ntpdate -vb 132.163.4.103
    [TiVo [p0] ~]# Time set to: Sun May 27 13:07:30 2007
    Have a nice day.

Several reboots and power-offs have had no effect either... a strange mystery...

I suspect you may be using an outdated ntpdate and/or your postcodezones files is not correct.

To test your current postcodezone file type the following and show the results:
    cat -et /etc/postcodezones

If you want to load a good one, upload from:
    ftp://orac.caffeine.co.nz/install/postcodezones Update: use the postcodezones file attached 2 messages below.

I have attached the latest ntpdate.

Peter.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by petestrash; 27-05-2007 at 07:56 PM.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    If you want to load a good one, upload from:
    ftp://orac.caffeine.co.nz/install/postcodezones
    Please note that the list in the above file is not complete for NZ Ref: http://forums.oztivo.net/showpost.ph...35&postcount=2.
    If you use any of the codes not in the file above you will have to edit it ensuring the correct format as mentioned in the first two lines of the file.

Here is a new postcodezones file with all the current codes.

Peter.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bizarrely enough it's still happening for me, even though Daylight savings has re-started.... I've kind of gotten used to the displayed times being an hour out. Everything still works, so it's just cosmetic, [and the times on the linux side of the fence are correct - this is only in the TiVO UI] but I have a new theory - I think the interface is following British DST (it's a Thompson Tivo running the NZ UK image)

When I first got the TIVO I couldn't use the UK image as the disk was too small, so I used one of the standard OZTivo ones. It's guided setup asked me about DST and I remember a big pointer to choose the NO DST option (presumable because OZ/NZTivo does it's timezones the Un*X way with tzdata files. I don't remember any such question in the UK Guided setup. It certainly isn't there if I re-run guided setup.

Is there anywhere else this setting could be? In MFS? The code must have dealt with UK summer time when it was a UK Tivo, I wonder if I have somehow re-activated some ancient code-path :-) Anyone know where the setting from US models guided setup is stored?

I am waiting to see if the time returns to normal when the UK comes of summer time in a few weeks....