Thread: More than 8 days of XMLTV Data??

Question More than 8 days of XMLTV Data??

Hi all,

Quick question - is it possible to download more than 8 days of upcoming data in XMLTV format?

I've set it to give me 14-days of istings in the user preferences, and this correctly displays in the web interface, however accessing XMLTV via "http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/xmlguide.pl" only gives 8 days of data (yes, on channels that have information listed for more than 8 days eg SERVICENSW).

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Ducky

In short no.

The most we generally have available is 7-8 days ahead (sometimes more for ABC/SBS), but usually less.

If you are able to upload data beyond this timeframe, it becomes available.

We don't place any restrictions on what you can download. If it's there, it's available for download.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Question re:More than 8 days of XMLTV Data??

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response. Have you actually tested/confirmed this?

There are a number of channels with more than 8 days of data available (AUR, CMTE, CMTER1, CMTER2, CMTER3, CMTER4, D4NEWS, DIGITAL4, HOUSE, MACQD, SBSWN, SENATE, SERVICENSW, TWC). These channels currently have listings through until the end of the month, so today the 14th would see them with 18 days of data ahead. This can be confirmed by looking at the channels in the OzTivo's guide Web interface (I've included a sample capture).

I have "Show up to 14 days" (even tried 20) in the user preferences set. Displaying any/all of the above channels in the Guide WEB interface correctly shows data as 100% for all days up to the 31st.

The only way I know to access XMLTV data is via the http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/xmlguide.pl link. Accessing any / all of these channels using this link right now only returns XMLTV data up to the 21st (ie 8 days of data). Sample XMLTV text file attached.

Am I missing something? Can someone else test the above to see their results??

Thanks in advance

Ducky
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

None of the channels I personally receive have this much data available, so not an issue for me.

I'll look into it. There might be an old constraint blocking the extra data.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thumbs up re:More than 8 days of XMLTV Data??

Hi Peter,

Thanks for looking into this - I appreciate it! Let me know what you find.

Cheers,

Ducky

Resolved, Direct calls to minnie were ok. The issue was the xml.oztivo.net cache servers.

They were only populated with today +7 days, it is now set for today +14.

Peter.

Thumbs up re:More than 8 days of XMLTV Data??

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that!

Seems to have mostly fixed it - I can access individual days using ?daynum=XXXXX and there is data there (a big improvement), however just passing /tivo-bin/xmlguide.pl on it's own (no arguments) is still returning only 7 days.

Is that normal? Is there a ?days=14 option?

Cheers,

Alex

You should alway define at least a station parameter.

Peter.