Thread: Quick Question re: Thomson RC1 image

Quick Question re: Thomson RC1 image

I imaged my 120GB hard drive with the Dec06 RC1 Thomson image this afternoon and received errors when trying to identify a specific networking option, under it's individual menu. I figured this was normal given the image is new / in development.

I'm gearing up to purchase a Turbonet card and was wondering if somebody can give me a heads up on any potential problems I may run into during the 'getting networking going' stage? Fingers crossed the Turbonet networking is a default for the RC1 image and my imaged drive will work out-of-the-box so to speak...

tips?

I have a Series One Thomson Tivo.

Turbonet is the default driver loaded for the image. Once you have the card, pop it in and it should work fine.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

excellent, as hoped... thanks for the help...

OK,

Turbonet card from Darren installed. 120GB drive imaged with Dec06 RC1 Thomson, also installed. Tivo starts up, displays nzTivo 1.5 startup screen, stops at first GS setup screen (waiting for input). Turbonet card connected via cat 5 to router, link lights at both ends.

Tivo doesn't appear on the network though...

I figure it should show in the routers DHCP client list, from which I can grab the number and access via telnet / ftp? Even tried guessing the address based on a single digit increment, and tried the DHCP client range with both 10.1.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 as the base (subnet 255.255.0.0).

I haven't proceeded with GS as it seems like it will fail without networking.

Any suggestions for getting the Tivo on the network?

I've avoided acquiring a USB-Serial cable to save costs it's seeming more likely...

Quote Originally Posted by fairyland View Post
    Tivo starts up, displays nzTivo 1.5 startup screen, stops at first GS setup screen (waiting for input).
    What is the title of the screen that it stops at? Even if the network is not working, you should be able to go though a couple of screens.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

The first screen is the Welcome to Tivo! and seems normal. Similar to this only with blue background: http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/pub/Ins...tup30/0009.jpg

From there I can move through the TiVo Service Terms and RF Output Channel screens to Programme Source (haven't proceeded any further).