Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tivo with freeview STB

Looking at the image

Cool.

Ok - not much information value, but I'm impressed :-)

Nice, neat & tidy installation.

Quote Originally Posted by DOlsen View Post
    Cool.

Ok - not much information value, but I'm impressed :-)

Nice, neat & tidy installation.
    If anyone wanted to build this I'd probably be more than happy to give out the info but I suspect that anyone capable of building this could just as easily design it themselvs

Quote Originally Posted by ehintz View Post
    Whereabouts did you get the STB? A quick check of google didn't help much...
    I got it from www.freeviewshop.co.nz, quite a nice guy and lots of advice, I initially was going for a Topfield, although most of his were sold out about a week ago, he then told me about the Kaon and I got that. Was $450 a bit more than I initially wanted to spend but is dual tuner and he gave me good discounts on some cable and water proof connectors etc..
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by jaidev View Post
    I got it from www.freeviewshop.co.nz, quite a nice guy and lots of advice, I initially was going for a Topfield, although most of his were sold out about a week ago, he then told me about the Kaon and I got that. Was $450 a bit more than I initially wanted to spend but is dual tuner and he gave me good discounts on some cable and water proof connectors etc..
    Interesting. I'd been there already, and they don't list the Kaons. Guess I'll send 'em a mail.

Anybody gotten a Coship to work? That $169 price tag is mighty tempting...

TiVo with Freeview STB working

I set up a Sony TiVo with a Strong satellite STB on FreeView. I used post code 02110 and it works well.

The only issue was when selecting the IR code set to use. The third and fourth code set locked up the TiVo when selected, and required a reboot. Luckily I found that I could skip over the 3rd and 4th set without trying them, and the fifth IR code set worked with my STB.
    I also need to change it to 4 digit codes, so that I don't have to wait so long before changing channel again.

BTW the Strong STB I have is fairly basic, but is only $140.

Quote Originally Posted by Skolink View Post
    Cheap, and more or less works out of box.

Sounds like we have a winner. Which model, and whereabouts did you get 'er from?

I might have to get you to give me a hand with that, I've got a sony TiVo and I never managed to get 02110 working

Quote Originally Posted by Skolink View Post
    I set up a Sony TiVo with a Strong satellite STB on FreeView. I used post code 02110 and it works well.

The only issue was when selecting the IR code set to use. The third and fourth code set locked up the TiVo when selected, and required a reboot. Luckily I found that I could skip over the 3rd and 4th set without trying them, and the fifth IR code set worked with my STB.
    I also need to change it to 4 digit codes, so that I don't have to wait so long before changing channel again.

Things not to mention on your first date:

"I've got a TiVo"

There will be genuine TiVo freeview units available in 2008.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Will these be official Tivos, with full Tivo corporate support and guide data? For NZ?

It hasn't been clarified exactly what services will be available for New Zealanders.

The announcement about the new units is titled Australia & New Zealand, but only mentions Australia in the details leaving out New Zealand entirely.

Worse comes to worse, I assume you would be able to pickup a UK unit or modify an Australian one.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!