Thread: Installation problem

Installation problem

Hey guys,

I installed the NZ Oz Tivo image on my hard drive, and booted up my Tivo. It was sitting at the "please wait a moment while your tivo loads" screen for a while, which I think I read that it was pretty normal....except it did it for 11 hours. I restarted it, but got the same thing.

At the time I installed the file the old posts had disappeared, and I couldn't find the guided setup. In looking through it now, it looks like I followed everything, except for telnet.....however I wasn't sure if the screen I got for 11 hours was an indication that something is wrong. Or if I should just telnet as per the instructions (http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/Imag...creenShots1.4).

With telnet/tivo - is there an IP address that I should have set in the installation? (it's been about 3 weeks so I can't quite remember)

Thanks for your help!!

The screen you are seeing is built into the tivo hardware (think of a computer bios screen) - if it is stuck on that then the software on the harddrive is not being loaded, or there is a problem with the harddrive itself. Check the harddrive cables are inserted correctly and the jumper is correct (I think mine is set to master). If it still doesn't work, then I guess when you restored the image it was not completely successful.

Adding to what catdog has said as well as checking the drive end, also check the IDE cable is seated correctly into the mainboard, and the power cable for the drive is seated correctly into the PSU.

The TiVo will not work with the drive jumper set to cable select. It must be set to master for a single drive system. Some newer drives have different jumper settings for master depending on whether or not a slave is attached, make sure you use the correct setting.

A badly imaged drive is also possible, though I would have thought you would have seen an error message during the setup.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!